Jambands.ca

Ottawa Bluesfest lineup!!

gentlemonkey

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how lucky I am to be a ten minute bike ride from the second largest blues festival on the planet. And I love the booking every year, though this year seems to be the best I can recall.

I heard rumblings about Sum 41, so that might be the Saturday tba, which would be a shame, they're not one of my faves. If it was Green Day or the Blinksters I'd be frothing at the mouth in atavistic glee.

I'm holding my breath for a Paul McCartney announcement though.

One way or another I will be there every day, all the time.

Well the kids already got alexisonfire and Simple plan so I doubt there's more punk in the mix. The TBA on the main stage will be a big enough draw to get the adults in for one night, paying $30 or so just for that concert (they bring the lawnchairs and alot of cash). I think this either means some old guy, or something closer to the Neville Bros.

On the other hand if it's Wilco I'll just shit in my own pants.

Sorry: where's all this Kid Rock talk coming from? I don't see him on the list and haven't heard any rumours about this...

edit: Never mind. It's not on the link bouche put up but it's on the official line-up. Weird choice.

AD

Edited by Guest

Here's how I'm going to spend my time

Fri.

Neko Case

WAR

Sat.

Andres Osborne

Stars

Metric (half show)

Alison Krauss & Union Station

Daniel Lanois

Broken Social Scene (if still playing)

Sun.

MOFRO

Dr. John

The Neville Brothers

Mon.

Percy Sledge

(sleep)

Tues.

Kyle Riabko

ZZ Top

Wed.

Keller Williams

Umphrey's McGee

The String Cheese Incident

Michael Franti & Spearhead

(maybe skip Franti to see RJD2)

Thurs.

India.Arie

Rufus Wainwright

Fri.

Josh Ritter

Kid Rock

Sat.

Kaki King

Harry Manx

Calexico (conflicts with Frisell grrrrr)

Bill Frisell

Sun.

Bill Frisell

Harry Manx

JOHN PRINE!!!

There thats the plan, anybody have any suggestions of acts that should be included in my list? God I love Bluesfest

There thats the plan, anybody have any suggestions of acts that should be included in my list? God I love Bluesfest

The Sonny Landreth show, July 17 at the Grass Roots Stage, looks good.

So is Michael Franti headlining the Big Summer Classic all over or just in Ottawa because he plays here every year? God, that had better be a no lawn chair day.

The Kid Rock show will be all kinds of great if they let the lawn chair crowd in to that one.

I don't know whether these'll conflict with your schedule, but Sonny Landreth should be a blast: he's arguably the best bottleneck slide player around. I'm also planning on being as close as I can to David Lindley when he plays.

I notice that Four Tet is playing; ISTR having heard of them, but never heard them. Does anybody have any opinions of them?

Aloha,

Brad

havent heard fourtet brad, but ive definitley heard of them.. also been wanting to see 'do make say think' and 'mofro' for a while- so ill be there..

im sure kid rock will be funny.. or at least a good soundtrack to start getting a buzz on for the rheostatics later that night....

cant believe spearhead is headlining over UM and cheese.. i personally cant stand that smiley charade of convenient good-vibes. its a cheesy nightmare.. i'll be checkin out RJD2..

Thanks, I found the Rudd show. I have a sneaky feeling that Rudd on a side stage will draw more people than Keller Williams on the main stage...oh, if their places were reversed...

Aloha,

Brad

I thought the same thing. Keller would be a real treat on the side stage. Xavier drew quite well last year on the main stage. Still, the bluesfest program will likely talk up Keller and the crowd will be there.

cant believe spearhead is headlining over UM and cheese.. i personally cant stand that smiley charade of convenient good-vibes. its a cheesy nightmare..

Agreed... Spearhead killed me (and not in that good way) at Evolve. I'll never waste time or energy on them again. It looks like RJD2 will win that night as well, although I can't say I'm really excited about that either... Maybe I'll take that time to get something to eat...

"Is everybody feeling good?" "Everybody clap your hands!" "Now everbody jump!" Piss off...