Jambands.ca

Slip w/nero @ Pepper Jacks 05.23.03

MarcO

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy moley, what a show! That was the finest evening of music in Hamilton I've been a part of since Antibalas! Thanks to all involved for putting this one together. Nero was a great addition to this show and The Slip just blew me away.

[big Grin]

oh yeah - how long was that show? Was it really 3am by the time they wrapped up? It just seemed to keep going and going!

I sincerely hope The Slip have enjoyed their little visit to Canda, and just try to keep me away should they grace us with a return visit! Have a great time in Montreal tonight, if you're going - you're mind will be blown!

wow!

(oh yeah - thanks to those of you who helped me piece together my CTMF weekend; I really forgot a lot! [Eek!] )

There are no words that can describe the music that "I" heard and felt that night...without a doubt one of the most moving and inspiring moments of sheer bliss I have ever experienced...I'll sum it up thusly: "Hallelujah"

May the blessings be,

Gawpo Giggles [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

quote:

I'll sum it up thusly: "Hallelujah"

Agreed.

Still at a loss for words after that show...was such an honor to have the Slip grace the stage at Pepper Jacks...was also the very first time I ever ventured to the front & center of the stage(funny after all the shows we have had),truly an expirence I will never forget.

Definatley my favourite show at PJC....

it's kinda strange but both times i saw the slip i felt like i was changed but i think back and i honestly can say that I slipped somewhere else and can't remember how i got there or where i went.

i'd like to somehow get a copy of the frontiertown and PJC shows. i have no internet. if anyone can help, could you email me some sort of deal?? i was mystified but can't remember a line or run or sound at all. as much as it sounds like i'm a huge tool, music sometimes does this to me - sucks me in and doesn't let me think about it - which is a great help to a critical listener. i let go and just fell and fell and fell and fell and i never splattered on the concrete - just ended up walking away going 'wow'.

this is a good thing.

thanks, bong, for getting these guys to hamilton.

• 3 years later...

Archived