Jambands.ca

I need EVERYONE'S opinion

Tonberry

While I'm opposed to cutting it, I know first hand that dreads are a MAJOR commitment. Are you going to do them yourself? Are you prepared to bust out the razor if they fuck up? Are you willing to have the same hairstyle every day for the next however many years?

I had my dreads for 6 or 7 years and ONLY got rid of them after a very serious neck injury. Those babies got super heavy and were impossible to hold up while my neck had the strength of a wet noodle. Otherwise, I'm sure I'd still have them. They are wonderful (and not dirty, despite what "they" say) and it's interesting to watch them grow and change.

Also, how thick is your hair? Remember, if you dread them (properly), they will be quite a bit shorter. It is far easier to grow your hair longer and then dread it, than it is to dread and wait for them to get long.

I say dread it, only if you're ready for that kind of commitment (and stares from your conservative relatives). ;)

Make sure you keep something different.

I remember going into the barber and getting the old "every guy" haircut.

Number 2 clip please! I'd say.

I see pictures of me then and I see pics of me now, and I look less tightly wound since I let my hair get closer to the ground.

Keep it neatish.

Deeps

While I'm opposed to cutting it, I know first hand that dreads are a MAJOR commitment. Are you going to do them yourself? Are you prepared to bust out the razor if they fuck up? Are you willing to have the same hairstyle every day for the next however many years?

being a dread myself i am both for and against when people ask me...Kaidy said it all and she had the most beautiful blond locks ive ever seen...be prepared for some pretty wierd looks and remarks from everyone who thinks their opinion matters...i say go for it