Jambands.ca

BABIES BABIES BABIES!

Douglas

My friend Marsha had a baby today!!! She called me at noon to tell me that she couldn't have lunch with me because she was 9.5 inches dilated!!! yowsers! The ultimate "giv'er!!!" A slight complication afterwards, but all is well now. I spoke with her on the phone a couple hours ago and she sounded great! I, however, was a complete mess...hung up the phone and bawled my eyes out! Shoulders shaking, snot pouring, laughter erupting! I called my Mommy and I doubt she understood much of what sputtered out of my mouth. Then I had a beautiful talk with my other Mommy - HeadyMamaMyrna. And in between, I screamed on the phone with Ms. Hux, and my sisters' voicemails...I just don't know what to do with this energy!!! L'LE BABY TOES! L'LE BABY NOSE! L'LE BABY BUTT!

I'm on such a high today...I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight!

SlammySkratchyKat has a new l'le cousin...

I'm nuts. And I don't give a fug! hahaha!!!

Happy Friday everyone!

Hey Douglas, if you haven't heard it, I think you need to hear the song Stay Up Late by Talking Heads. Here are the lyrics:

Mommy had a little baby

There he is fast asleep

He's just a little plaything

Why not wake him up?

Cute, cute, little baby

Little feet-feet, little toes

Now he's comin' to me

Crawl across the kitchen floor.

Baby, baby, please let me hold him

I wanna make him stay up all night

Sister, sister, he's just a plaything

We wanna make him stay up all night

Yeah we do

See him drink from a bottle.

See him eat from a plate.

Cute, cute as a button.

Don't you wanna make him stay up late.

And we're having fun with no money.

Little smile on his face.

Don't cha' love the little baby.

Don't you want to make him stay up late.

Chorus

Here we go (all night long)

Sister, sister (all night long)

In the playpen...woo...(all night long)

Little baby goes, ha! (all night long)

I know you want to leave me...

Why don't we pretend.

There you go, little man.

Cute, cute, why not?

Late at night, wake him up.

Chorus

Here we go (all night long)

Sister, sister...woo...

(with the television on)

Little baby goes...woo! (all night long)

Hey, hey, baby! (all night long)

And he looks so cute (all night long)

In his little red suit (all night long)

-----

Babies rock!

Peace, Mark

keep the baby news & baby grooves a-comin' cause I too am lovin them!!

Dave & I have been in the "third baby: should-we-or-shouldn't we?" discussion for awhile now. I'm just not sure I could go through diapers again, but we so miss everything else! So hearing new-baby news does 2 things: it both increases my urge to get knocked up again and somewhat alleviates that same urge by knowing there'll be plenty o' babies around for cuddlin this summer! I've said it before: count me as a daytime babysitter at any of the festivals.

on a related note: I was recently told I'll have "Parenting" on my teaching timetable in Sept. So I'll have access to those seriously life-like "Baby Think It Over" dolls we give kids to take care of for 3 days. As I was learning how to program them, I was amazed at how realistic they were -- not only do they cry, of course, but they produce the most soothing and delightful sound when 'sleeping'. The product to clean them with even resembles new-baby-smell (no, not shit!), the neck is floppy, they got the weight and heft right -- pretty awesome job -- as should be for dolls that cost about $1000! So I'm thinking this may further alleviate my desire for another mouse -- but I may not want to give it up for the students' projects!

wow, they give you actual programmed dolls now, Deb? when i took parenting in highschool they gave us eggs, and evaluated their condition at the end of it. i left mine in my locker for a week or 2, however long the experiment was - and when its head got cracked, i just gave him a hat.

parenting was an awesome course to take in highschool: it was the class with ALL the hot chicks. admittedly, though, i wanted to throw up when i saw the birth video.

I've got the baby bug as well..

I have two sisters that concieved right around the same time (new years, go figure)and both are due in September. I've been making plans to quilt "family tree" baby blankets for the new little guys/or girls. I can't wait to be an aunt..

i think i'd really be upset if my kid turned out dumb.

i'm weary of knocking up anybody for that reason...not that it'd be MY fault - more that it'd be a waste of my super seed - sure the child would be a divine wonder of life...we all don't NEED to know how to read and spell or figure out how to eat with utensils, but that's important to me and it'd almost be a waste of my time to have to deal with that instead of making sure no mistakes happen...

i love other peoples' kids...for the most part.

wow, they give you actual programmed dolls now, Deb? when i took parenting in highschool they gave us eggs, and evaluated their condition at the end of it. i left mine in my locker for a week or 2, however long the experiment was - and when its head got cracked, i just gave him a hat.

hahahahahahahaha!!!

yeah, these dolls are programmable but also record what happens to them during the 3 days, info which downloads into a little palm pilot thing. It says how long it cried before being changed or fed, and records any drops or rough handling (read: your little fella's cracked head) as: ABUSE. I'm also wondering if it can be programmed to read light/sensory deprivation (like being locked in a locker). Lucky you graduated when you did, I guess, before technology caught up, or I believe you might have failed that component of class!!!!

ps -- had hoped to see you at the school house last night. One of these days.....

i'm weary of knocking up anybody for that reason...

You're weary of knocking people up? Just how many children do you already have?

...we all don't NEED to know how to read and spell or figure out how to eat with utensils, but that's important to me...

Really? Spelling is important to you?

Edited by Guest

howdy Deb. yeah, i couldnt make it to the schoolhouse... duty called.. however, ctmf could be 'one of these days'... all signs pointing towards at least a saturday/sunday appearance for me...

and i am amazed at how far baby doll technology has come in the past 10 or so years. there is no doubt in my mind that i would have failed. miserably. ahh well, i still woulda been in class with the hottest chicks in the school... not much more a raging hormone of a 15 yr. old can ask for! :cool:

there's a difference bwtween being lax about spelling or typographical errors and not knowing how to spell the word 'door' for example.

i have met people that can't spell 'as'...like 'as if beats cares about spelling'...

well..people should really be 'one person'...that i know of...

HEY! THIS POST IS ABOUT A BABY!

ok, so I don't have a picture yet, but I'm still super happy about it! And I don't wanna see people picking on others/bickering away.

(btw....good vibes are needed. Re-read my first post... "slight complication afterwards." They're still in the hospital :( )

pictures to come soon