Jambands.ca

The Wassabi Collective

ReDD

I'd never really heard of these cats before I joined this forum. I found there website and listened to the two songs up there Ole Jam and Roller. I've really really caught the Wassabi bug. I think i've played those 2 songs 15 times between them. I'm dl April 2 2005/Pepper Jack Cafe from The Archive right now and noticed it was taped by Esau13. Is this one of the Esau's on The Sanctuary? If so do you have any suggestions as to where I can look for other shows as there is only two on The Archive. I'm pretty new to show collecting. Thanks for any help and advice you guys can give me.

Edited by Guest

Shainhouse is a wise man.

Although there are some mixed feelings on this board about Wassabi, they are a fun band live (I've never seen it, but I hear that years ago they had dancers with them wearing nothing but body-paint) and play some great music.

I also agree about checking out Lotus and STS9; although I think of them as more electronic and "trancey" than Wassabi.

ReDD, I really recommend seeing Wassabi. I have another show from 2003 (back when they were a 4 piece) that I can trade you... I've had a real love/hate relationship with that band, but as of late I'm back on the love train. Oh, and their percussionist Melissa is fantastic! (Both in terms of playing ability and appearance...) There's not a lot of shows floating around of them, which is unfortunate. No band that I've ever seen has made me dance as hard as Wassabi has in the past. I can't wait until they come back to Ottawa...

Yeah I'm Esau13,I dropped the 13 awhile back on this board.I only know of the one show on archive,at least thats all that shows up when I check.

There are other shows out there.I used to have copies of these so I know they are out there.

2002-11-03 Pepper Jacks

2003-08-16 The Rivoli

I believe the Casbah (2002) show was recorded (I caught the show but didnt record)

I also have on cassette (actually recorded directly to cassette) Wassabi @ The El mocambo 2004-06-25 (Interglatic Faerie funk opened) to transfer to CD for the taper but the quality is at best poor.

Erich and I were talking about how since i've met him i've grown more fond of more instrumental music. When I told him about the Collective Wassabi I told him the jams I had listened to on the website just made me went to get up and Boogie. I would love to see them. How often does the band tour Ontario?

Pooper jacks?

POOPER JACKS?

thats fugging hillarious!

did u come with that all by yourself? nooo...you musta had some help. Was your mommy and daddy holding your hand, helping you type again???

your a joke.

a bad joke.

you are the epidomy of a trustafarian.

grow up!

seriously!

you must be in your 20's by now....what do u do?

nothing.

yay, look at me everyone, i drive a hempvan, i'm cool....

I'm sure Brody can't wait to have the trusty wooky at his bar.

What's wrong with Pepper Jacks?

I've been there for two shows myself. I liked that the club was smaller. It makes everything more intimate. I also thought that the sound there was really decent. I like Pepper Jacks...

no, i was drunk and i spelled it like that on pourpose, i was trying to make a joke. i personaly am excited to see that the band is moving on to bigger better venues

i'm sorry you feel the need to personally attack me second tube, i always found you to be a cool guy

Edited by Guest
If you don't have anything nice to type, don't type it

no, i was drunk and i spelled it like that on pourpose, i was trying to make a joke. i personaly am excited to see that the band is moving on to bigger better venues

i'm sorry you feel the need to personally attack me second tube, i always found you to be a cool guy

The Casbah is smaller then The Pepper Jack Cafe, it's very difficult to see the band when it's busy, and the sound isn't as good. Still a decent room but a step down from Pepper Jack's in my opinion. It seems you don't have your facts straight, J-Roc.

I've been lurking on this board for a long time and secondtube is a solid dude. He's allowed to voice his opinion and if that opinion is a dis to you, suck it up ... who cares. If you say/do something stupid be prepared to be called on it.

I'm not sure exactly what it's all about but there's something deeper at play here. Didn't you get beat-up at Pepper Jack's when Wassabi played there last, J-Roc?

no, i was drunk and i spelled it like that on pourpose, i hate that bar, it hs a terrable stage, a tinny dance floor., and its in the door way of the bar, the sound is lousy, and if you walk to the back of the bar, you can't even see the stage anymore. i'm personally glad the band has moved onto bigger better bars.

as for second tube, go ahead and say anything you want, i really couldn't care less about what people on here think of me. but mauybe you should do your resherch, before saying stuff, cause my mom is dead, and i only drove that hemp, van cause i was getting payed, and before calling me a wook, make you should loot at your self,, cause i'm the one with the shaved head, corvette, and job on bay st

Sorry to hear your mother is gone,perhaps that explains your anger today.Have you ever been to the casbah? It's a lot harder to see anythig on stage the pepper jacks,especially when a good crowd builds up.I do love the edit,but do you really feel that owning a corvette & a bay st job makes you any better then anyone else?.

no' date=' i was drunk and i spelled it like that on pourpose, i hate that bar, it hs a terrable stage, a tinny dance floor., and its in the door way of the bar, the sound is lousy, and if you walk to the back of the bar, you can't even see the stage anymore. i'm personally glad the band has moved onto bigger better bars.

as for second tube, go ahead and say anything you want, i really couldn't care less about what people on here think of me. but mauybe you should do your resherch, before saying stuff, cause my mom is dead, and i only drove that hemp, van cause i was getting payed, and before calling me a wook, make you should loot at your self,, cause i'm the one with the shaved head, corvette, and job on bay st [/quote']

Sorry to hear your mother is gone,perhaps that explains your anger today.Have you ever been to the casbah? It's a lot harder to see anythig on stage the pepper jacks,especially when a good crowd builds up.I do love the edit,but do you really feel that owning a corvette & a bay st job makes you any better then anyone else?.

Ouch...what a fucking tool.

not at all, and that why i removed that, it was the first thing i saw in the morning, and couldn't think of anything better to say.

and for that matter i didn't get beat up, i was assulted by greg risko, (Esau) over a fight that we had on herea long time ago. it was really to bad he feels the need to assult people because i had already worked the problum out with everyone else involved.

and i wasn't trying to imply i was better then anyone, i was just trying to inform second tube that i was not some wook, driving around in a hemp van with no job

Edited by Guest

Whatever ....so Esau cracked you on the head. By the sounds of your dodgy remarks you probably deserved it. I don't wish harm to you or anyone but sometimes people need a smack on the head and I'm guessing this was warranted. I was at the show and saw what happened and it appeared to be an isolated incident so using the assault angle seems a bit of a stretch. Anyway, not trying start anything with you, J-ROC. Just think you're a bit fucked up and like to twist things around to make yourself look like the victim. I can't speak for Esau and I wasn't aware that was him when I saw it happen but I've seen you around for a few years and you come off as a serious sketch bag.

Best of luck!

lol no prob, and i probbly did deserve it but hitting people doesn't solve anything, and the hamilton police definatly thought it was assult when they took the report. i'm sorry i come across as a "sketch bag" but if you ask someone who actually knows me in person, i'm sure you'd be surprised

"

The Casbah is smaller then The Pepper Jack Cafe, it's very difficult to see the band when it's busy, and the sound isn't as good. Still a decent room but a step down from Pepper Jack's in my opinion. It seems you don't have your facts straight, J-Roc."

for the record, i didn't have any facts and thats why in my origonal post i was asking what the stage and bar were like. i was simpily excited that wassabi has chosen to look into playing around hamilton, instead of staying at the same spot.

and on top of that i don't really see any need to discuss this, if people want to pick away at my posts then they re more then welcome to, but i beleave i have the same right to express my opinion even if its dissing a bar, the same way secondtube has the right to state his opinion of me, regardless of if i agree with it or not