Jambands.ca

The Wassabi Collective

ReDD

Most definitely but your dislike of Pepper Jack's seems rooted in something else other then the bar itself. But either way it doesn't really matter.

It seems odd that you would call the police on Esau when you're a criminal yourself. Just ask southern Ontario's notorious dealers of fine goods, James and Bobby....I'm sure they can speak on your behalf.. And Bobby by the way isn't even in this country legally so you might want to choose your friends better if you want to associate yourself with the Hamilton Wentworth Police.

i can assure you i am in no way a criminal, unless its illegal to be an asshole, in which care in am guilty.

and i have no idea who you are, but who ever you are getting your info from mut be very wrong,the only contact i have had with bobby is to purchase a glass pipe, actually a very nice spider pipe, and the only thing i have ever sold to james is papers that were for prizes

and why wouldn't i get the police involved, thats what they are there for. why should i let someone assult me with out informing the police?

I'm very new to this board and I really hope people don't think negativly of me for getting involved in this BUT.....

J_ROC and Scissor Man:

I started this thread hoping to find out more information about Wassabi. People probably read the thread wanting to see what was said about the band..um, not listen to negative banter between the two of you. I think you should have created a private topic to bicker between yourselves, instead of voicing your opinions on this thread. I personally was not at the show, nor care to hear about drama that was created at the show. Please keep furher disscusions of this nature private. Thank you.

thank you redd, for the record wassaabi is the best band around the canadian jam band sceene right now. i wouln't miss any chance too see them. and if you looking to hear some more of the shows i have quite a few saved on my hardrive and would be more then willing to share. hopefully you'l find there music as uplifting and inspirational as i do

ReDD: Sorry that I added to the negative tone of this thread. I definitley value your thoughts and look forward to reading more from you. Unfortunitley it seems there's always something negative when Wassabi is discussed, which is too bad. On that note this will be last post to this thread unless it's about Wassabi.

scissor, delete that part about jonesbag and jointman. both are kind folk, and their names dont need to be dragged into this mess.

i would.

Kind folk ... that's hilarious. They're definitely not kind. And by the looks of things at the last Wassabi show they got themselves involved.

i can assure you i am in no way a criminal, unless its illegal to be an asshole, in which care in am guilty.

and i have no idea who you are, but who ever you are getting your info from mut be very wrong,the only contact i have had with bobby is to purchase a glass pipe, actually a very nice spider pipe, and the only thing i have ever sold to james is papers that were for prizes

and why wouldn't i get the police involved, thats what they are there for. why should i let someone assult me with out informing the police?

I'm not getting my info from anyone. Spend enough time in Hamilton and you know what's goung on. Unfortunitley for you the police would definitley consider you a criminal. Whether it's guilty by association or because of the goods you sling yourself. Enjoy the pipe and I'll be sure to reintroduce myself at CTMF.

sorry redd,

but sizor you really have your info wrong, i'm pretty sure james or bobby we not at the wassabi show in hamilton,, or at least if they were i never saw them and i can assure you that they are in no way involved in any thing regarding any of this,

also i'm sorry if you think i sell drugs or something but i definbatly do not, if you fell if you fell the need to beleave rumours and hear say about me then that is cool, i'm actually honoured that people care enought to talk about me when i am not around, and i agree with you about getting the police involved and it was a shitty situation all around, i troed working it out with Greg after the incident and he wasn't intrested, so i didn't see any other options, and i will not hesitate to contact the police and press charges against anyone who assults, or attempts to assult me again.

and furthermore if you don't have anything nice to say (which you odvulsy don't) then i'd apprecite it if you would just stay away from me at CTMF, because i have no intres in having any contact with you

whoa, whoa, whoa, what's up with this thread turning psycho? i have no idea what incidents and people are being discussed here, nor do i really want to know. but i will say:

a) um, i happen to like pepper jack's. i think it is a fun place. they have good food there, and i really like the patio. they also make good caesars. i enjoy seeing shows there, and i like that it's the only place in hamilton i know how to drive to off by heart. i will also say that jared calling it pooper jack's is no need for attack. believe it or not, there ARE people who think that venue sucks! and hate going there! what is the big deal? jared is not a pioneer in disliking and/or being bored of PJC. i've even come across people who won't go to a show BECAUSE it is at pepper jack's. it's not like he's attacking or insulting the work of the people who run that place, he just called it pooper jacks. big whoop, you don't need to get all nasty on him.

B) the casbah is pretty neat. it is kinda sucky when it gets really full though.

c) wassabi! congratulations on discovering them! they are really fun. their sound has evolved a lot over the last couple of years, but in a good way. their shows are really fun, i've heard they are practicing a lot these days, and you can tell, they're really tight (or at least they were last time i saw them :) ). you should buy their new album, it's quite good. i especially like track #3.

okay, carry on with the drama, then. :)

sorry redd,

but sizor you really have your info wrong, i'm pretty sure james or bobby we not at the wassabi show in hamilton,, or at least if they were i never saw them and i can assure you that they are in no way involved in any thing regarding any of this,

also i'm sorry if you think i sell drugs or something but i definbatly do not, if you fell if you fell the need to beleave rumours and hear say about me then that is cool, i'm actually honoured that people care enought to talk about me when i am not around, and i agree with you about getting the police involved and it was a shitty situation all around, i troed working it out with Greg after the incident and he wasn't intrested, so i didn't see any other options, and i will not hesitate to contact the police and press charges against anyone who assults, or attempts to assult me again.

and furthermore if you don't have anything nice to say (which you odvulsy don't) then i'd apprecite it if you would just stay away from me at CTMF, because i have no intres in having any contact with you

lies

---------

Anyway, Wassabi kicks ass. I wish they wouldn't play as much reggae but it's alright if that's what they want to do and people like it. If you're into buying live shows for a reasonable price, and supporting the band, I'm pretty sure they have quite a few shows available for sale. Looking forward to the Casbah show.

Three things since my name has been brought up,then I'll leave ya'll to whatever it is you feel your accomplishing here.

[edited now that the messege was recieved]

Myapologys for adding to this drama but after having my name (first & last) brought up here I felt a short rebut was necessary.Nothing more to add or say here.

Edited by Guest

Scissor Man just got voted off the island, fired from the boardroom and cheated on by his lover all at once!

On that note, I think this thread has had it but what can you do...as per office space "Looks like somebody's got a case of the mondays"

I haven't seen Wassabi in two years but trust(afarian) they're still up to something. I'm wondering why no one is flagging Del's resounding love for the band when he so obviously is being slanted by his love of their lead singer. It just goes to show you that if more jambands had female membership there'd be fewer people bitching and moaning about all the homogenous sounds the current crop are putting out.

wow, what a buzz kill, not everyone has to get along, but come on this is so stupid...if you don't like this band, just make fun of it on this board and leave it to that, no threats, no fights, leave that to club goers....smile, its sunny outside!!

Edited by Guest

i agree with cully, and in fact this is going to be my last post on this board.

for sizor, i have no idea who you are and have no intrest in knowing, you odvusly are upset over someting and hve deeper issues then anything going on here.

Greg, you can say what ever you want, but if you want i'll foward you the officers name and badge number who took the report. i never called james down to help me, and didn't even know he was there untill i saw him in the parking lot when i was leaving. and i only asked him to talk to you to help work it out because i knew you 2 are friends, so you wouldn't try assulting me again. i don't even know his phone number so it wasn't me that called him. i wasn't trying to send anyone after you, just to simpily work it out and in fact he was the one who asked me not to press charges againt you.

i already tryind appologising to you for any uncalled for comments i made, but after some of the stuff you said to me i didn't know any other way to react. unfourtunatly i don't beleave violence either during the show or after would be an effective way of resolving anything, and i am still willing to work it out between the 2 of us.

further more greg, if you approach me or wait out side my van for me again, i will not hesitate to call the police, but i assure you it will be imeadeatly this time, and i will press charges regardles of how many of your friends ask me not to

it really sucks that it had to some to this, especially in a public fourm and a wassabi thread all in one. but i really am a reasonable person. just like everone else, i am more then willing to work out any greaveances with anyone as long as it is in a peacefull manner. i'm sorry i said some very rude and uncalled for things to you, i really am! if you want to sit down and a have a beer peacefully and talk it out i would really like that, or if you want to email me you can reach me at eddybullpo@hotmail.com.

sorry for spreading this negativity on the board but maybe its for the best if these situations get resolved this way. if anyone wants to contact me my email address is eddybullpo@hotmail.com

namaste

sorry I changed my post J ROC...but it did say that I was going to stop coming to the board if this stupid sh@t doesn't stop. Why do people (who have no idea what the f@ck is going on) start making threats and spreading negativity...it is one thing to make fun of and person or band, but serious threats and the threat of violence made by wimpy people who hide behind fake screen names is another thing...pure and simple, lame, lame, lame....have a nice day

Oh man.

This board has proven itself fantastic for music-related discussion, but the one aspect that has turned me off since the very day I found this place is the personal shit that get aired out in the public forum. I've been posting on another forum for more than three years, and in that time I have seen boyfriends/girlfriends get together and break up, people cheating on their spouses with other board members, longtime friends no longer speaking to each other over petty arguments, lots of stuff. Amongst the massive group of people who met through this other board and continue to hang out and stay in touch, sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who still speaks to everybody. Even they have managed to keep their shit off the message board, though.

To be honest, I try not to pass judgement on anybody, but especially on people whom I have only "met" online. We all agree that to understand exactly what somebody is saying through a message board post can be difficult, hence the introduction of purple text for sarcasm to convey the point a little better. Point is, whatever this argument - or any argument - is about, is between the people involved. If this message board was a big room, and to log onto the board meant walking into the room, you wouldn't have a massive screaming match while everybody was sipping their drinks and having a good time, you'd take it elsewhere or walk away. True, nobody would be forcing me to walk over to the corner of the room where the fight was, same as nobody is forcing me to open this thread, but the fact that it's happening can make things pretty uncomfortable.

I have no comment about the argument simply because it's none of my business, but why don't we all just chill out a little bit, keep the room for light-hearted discussion and take the grievances outside?