Jambands.ca

Help playing these DTS discs??

c-towns

So I've been screwing with this 5-8-77 GD DTS disc I downloaded recently all morning trying to get it to play on my machine and all i keep getting is the hiss.

Do I decode to wav from the shn format after downloading?

My machine isnt giving me the option to change my surround sound to the DTS option that my dvds give me, wtf?

Is there any way to check the integrity of these files I've downloaded?

Any help is some help. cheers.

First of all...5-8-77 in DTS? That's nuts, where'd you find it?

Second, we were able to download and enjoy (immensely) a DTS version of Dark Side of the Moon. It was actually the Quadraphonic mix, but encoded to DTS with the centre and sub channels blank. As far as I know, we just burned the flacs to an audio CD and it worked great. Make sure your player is connected to the receiver optically, as opposed to the analog RCA connections. That's about all I can offer. Hope it works out, and let us know how it sounds!

First of all...5-8-77 in DTS? That's nuts, where'd you find it?

You need to start using bit torrent,alot of live shows are being remastered in DTS.You can find alot of these shows on bt.etree (bt.etree.org) and eztorrent (dimeadozen.org),although I see most on bt.etree.

I have this gem in DTS -

Grateful Dead

Hampton Coliseum

Hampton,VA

1989-10-09

Make sure your player is connected to the receiver optically, as opposed to the analog RCA connections.

Thats exactly what I was going say,except digitally (coaxial),but optically works just the same.

Every show I have thats in DTS stated that you must have a stereo that recognizes DTS & to never play them through RCA cables.