Jambands.ca

Countdown to Rolling Stones Tour Announcement!

Douglas

I wish you wouldn't puss out so easily on your statements Del. That's testament to how baseless they are but I don't know why you always fall back on the "It's just my opinion" thing.

I'll submit that there's no single element of SarStock that should have changed...the lineup included the Rolling Fucking stones and thereby discounts the bitchfest directed at supporting Canadian artists. The playing of any band at any concert can always be better and I have no idea what this is being measured aginast...Slowcoaster playing Maverick's? And a crowd of over half a million people showed up and (I stand corrected on this) bought tickets.

Shit-disturbing is an art form. You're a two year-old with finger paint.

butterbean_punch.jpg10042164.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have much authority on the subject. Wasn't at Sarstock, didn't watch it on TV and haven't seen the Stones in 30+ years. What I do know having seen them (and many others) prior to that was IMO the Stones were quite simply the greatest rock 'n' roll band on the planet. That's right. There was a time when it wasn't just hype. They were tight, edgy and could kick ass like no one else. I still believe their album sequence '68 - '72 (Beggar's Banquet/Let It Bleed/Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street) is the benchmark by which any rock band that aspires to greatness must eventually measure itself.

Is it all just in the past? I dunno. Are The Stones what they once were. Obviously not...none of us are...but that fact only becomes disappointing when people refuse to recognize it. Hopefully, Keith and Mick themselves have come to that realization, and will prepare for the tour accordingly. If they do, folks will be in for a treat and some will be in for a surprise.

I still believe their album sequence '68 - '72 (Beggar's Banquet/Let It Bleed/Sticky Fingers/Exile on Main Street) is the benchmark by which any rock band that aspires to greatness must eventually measure itself.

Agreed.

And the albums in and around that time are no throw-aways either - Get Your Ya Ya's Out ( 1970 ), Goats Head Soup and It's Only Rock & Roll.