Jambands.ca

Yet another "Best Guitarists" list

Del

didn't Jon Bon Jovi play guitar??? ;) He'd kick Kim's arse

oh wait, no...he was just livin' on a prayer, and trying his damnest at acting....he wore a nice wife-beater in "Pay It Forward" though. He really should have auditioned for those shampoo commercials instead.

Is it that people just don't like Kim Mitchell or do they really think he wasn't a very talented guitar player?

I don't have any reason to dislike the guy, I just never understood what all the fuss was about. Sure, he had some hits wayyyy back when that everyone got down to and were catchy. But when I think of "best guitar player", I think Neil Young, not Kim Mitchell.

I guess it also could be that he's become a bit of a joke around the GTA. His afternoon hosting duties on Q107, while not terrible, leave much to be desired. He must've worked out a pretty sweet contract with Q because they promote him left and right. I haven't personally been to any of his more recent shows, but I hear that he just plain stinks now. Anyone around here been to see him lately?

Nick Drake and Steve Vai on the same list.

Can you say "find an f'ing sub-genre you meat heads"?

Steve Vai - could be filed under

unemotional shredders who likely believe their guitar is an extension of their member.

Nick Drake - sus chord peddling whine horses.

Mostly just being a smart-ass here. I like Nick Drake ... sometimes his music makes me want to hang myself, but it's inventive and Steve Vai sure is speedy. [color:purple]Scorching fretboards yeah!

Deeps

What credibility do they people have that compiled the list? I just skimmed over it and I won't look at it again, but was Lenny fucking Breau mentioned?

Pete Townshend at 36? I guess his innovative use of distortion and power-chords aren't that influential.

I think Kim belongs on the list, at least up to his lame-ass I Am A Wild Party song.

What credibility do they people have that compiled the list?

None I imagine.

Its just a list compiled from visitors to the website by the sounds of it.

They have a "Greatest" list for everything...

These lists are a source of information& debate to help guide you to discover new & better musicians,bands,albums & songs that may truly be of interest to you.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/