Jambands.ca

June 20 Heads Up: nero & Hiway Freeker

bradm

Some of us/you have noticed that the Black Sheep Inn in Wakefield, Quebec, has "a jam band festival" listed for Friday, June 20, and Saturday, June 21, featuring Hiway Freeker, nero, and the Burt Neilson Band.

We got a bit more info at the HF show last night. First, it seems to be one night only, Friday, June 20. Second, BNB isn't part of it (the BSI page now lists just HF and nero, but still has both days).

So, we've got two great bands, on a Friday night in June, out in gorgeous Wakefield. But it gets better: the flyers that were handed out last night listed it as a seamless show! Two sets of nero, two sets of HF, seamless.

This is gonna be fun: we get to hear the nero boys with a (female) singer and keys, and hear how HF gets along with nero's more intense/in-yer-face sound (and vice versa; I think Dave Lauzon and Paul Malin are quite complementary players; it'll be a gas to see how they integrate their sounds).

Aloha,

Brad

Wakefield is beautiful, that's for sure, I grew up there!

Hiway Freeker made quite a positive impression on the Wakefield folk the last time they appeared. I highly recommend the band and the location (right across the street from the Gatineau River. Gorgeous!

I'm sure a lot of you most likely don't know who I am (a lurker named Jyll) but I've recently moved out to the Wakefield area (in between Chelsea and Wakefield...right at the end of Highway 5) and would love to have everyone over after the Nero show at the Blacksheep for a kick-ass campfire/campover. We have a huge backyard which will easily fit many upon many tents... There are no taxis in the area so we would have to figure out some designated driver option or maybe a bus trip or something.....if people are interested i think we could pull it off......

Let me know if anyone out there is interested in an afterparty....frenchstyle....

Archived