Jambands.ca

Lack of pictures in profiles

Basher

It seems that almost noone has a picture of themself in their profile. With so many of us meeting for the first time this weekend (or so it seemed) and with all the fuzziness of a CTMF, I think it would be a great idea for more people to do this. I go to a bunch of shows where I know boardies are going to be that I haven't met, but as I don't know what they look like I seem to miss them all the time.

Just a thought.

Good point howler - I've actually had female friends who have been stalked based on things they put online, so you've got to be careful.

The other issue might be the fact that not everybody has (a) an exisiting digital picture or easy access to scanning/capturing/whatever and probably more importantly (B) a place to house it that can be linked to. We of the geeky-stripe take such things for granted, but most of my friends & family couldn't scan, upload and then find the absolute URL for a picture if they tried - and I have a lot of geek-friends! [Wink]

Those things said, I'll find a decent one of myself to link to shortly. Good thought basher!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived