Jambands.ca

Favourite Calgary Music Venue??

mrsomethingx2

Toronto's Afrofunkestra, Mr. Something Something is about to present itself to Canada's West Coast for the first time this summer- 22+ dates on the list... but as of yet, no Calgary. Any recommended venues?? We will be passing through on a Sun/Mon in mid-July. Any suggestions (esp with contact info) would be great!! Cheers.

www.mrsomethingsomething.com

Cool, I'm glad that Golden is hopefully worked into your tour, we oh so often get passed by...

Also I work at the Roadhouse- we are generally open on Sundays- I have only been workig there for the past month but I know that I worked last Sunday- and there wasn't even a band playing or anything-if they are closed on Sunday and you are deadset on that night you should try booking at pACKERS pLACE- THEY HAVE BETTER SOUND AND LACK THE STRIPPER POLE MID-STAGE!!!

Rock n' Roll

Drie

"Favourite Calgary Music Venue"?

Hello?!!! people in Cowtown... Mr. SS is looking for an early midweek gig in your hometown and clearly asking for help?!

You guys would be totally best off trying to book a jazz and/or groove room... as the jazz/electronica/funk crowd in Calgary are probably the only peeps that will go out to support your particular grooves on a Monday or Tuesday night.

Try these rooms... and I'm from frickin Vancouver!!

Calgarian Jamheads get a big BOO-URNS tonight!!!

#1 choice - Night Gallery Cabaret - TUESDAYS ONLY (e-mail your web address to 'bookings@nightgallerycabaret.com'... or call Glynnis at 403-269-5924)

Brew Brothers (music@brewbrothers.com or 403.258.2739)

Gateway Lounge - S.A.I.T Campus

Warehouse ***the bomb after-hours in Cowtown*** (403-264-0535)

Good luck guys... and see ya at The Fairview on July 15th!!

Thanks Keither... that info is exactly what we needed. Cheers.

As for Golden, looks like not... the Roadhouse decided to cancel on us. Harpuah- if you know who we can speak to at Packers please let us know.

Thanks for the help guys. Hope to meet you all on the road sometime.

sorry I didnt see this thread till now. And Keither, the Night Gallery is falling too pieces right now, just to let you know.

Try these venues in this order;

Broken City http://www.brokencity.ca/contact.html

Brew Brothers http://www.brewbrothers.com/contact.html

The HiFi Club http://www.hificlub.ca/

The Night Gallery http://www.nightgallerycabaret.com/frameset.html

The Soda (ask me for contact name)

The HiFI seems to be the new "IT" bar/club in Calgary...it's all the old Night Gallery staff plus some new ones...its OK. Tall ceilings, lots of sound gets bounced around. They would most likely even do postering for you.

Broken City is also a popular place as of late and I would recommend it for sure. They have nice sound and a decent layout, with a pretty consistent following of patrons that may be out on a Sun or Mon. Couldn't see Brew Brothers or Soda going off on a Sun or Mon. Night Gallery is still one of the best rooms in the city but the new managment seems to be running the place into the ground and word is certainly out on the streets about that!

Your best bets from the list above are either Broken City or the HiFi, but it seems to me that both follow weekly schedules that do not include live music on the dates you are planning to play....Calgary is a black hole when it comes to live music venue...

I would also toss out the Ship and Anchor Pub http://www.shipandanchor.com/homepage.html

People are always around at that place...you could probably have a good time there if you booked a Sunday afternoon gig as the place is usually packed any weekend afternoon.

Good luck!

Just make sure you play the Canmore Hotel and everything will be fine....

You should call Packers and speak with either Greg or Rodney @ 250-344-5951, I am sure they will book you if they aren't already booked- and things look pretty open right now as its the slow time of year. Good luck, hope to see ya here!

Adrienne

Cheers to you all- thanks for your help.

Mr. Something Something won't be playing in Golden this time through... but many of the Calgary Venues that you folks suggested have been contacted. We'll see what happens- let you know soon.

Canmore IS on: July 15/16. Be ready to dance.

HARPUAH/DRIE:

We've played Golden a few times (Themasses) and had them remove the stripper pole the last few. It's easy to do and they've never minded removing it. I licked it the first time we played there on a dare. It tasted like stripper.

We'll be there on Thursday August 18th, see you then!