Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit and Sisters Euclid rollcall AND Countdown!

bouche

Friday is not far away! Get your 10 bucks ready and your ears cleaned because friday night is going to be a sonic explosion at Maverick's!

Kevin Breit and the Sisters Euclid
Friday, June 10th, 2005
Maverick’s
221 Rideau Street
9pm/19+/$10

Edited by Guest

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in. Some info would help, though: the music will be all instrumental, correct? I ask because I'm thinking of setting up my mics on the stage (assuming it's OK with the band [i'll check] and the stage layout [monitor position and such]), and that can work fine except for missing out on a lot of the vocals.

Are we expecting two sets? Anybody know the expected start time of the music?

Aloha,

Brad

Kevin is a master at stage banter and I've heard some killer recordings with vocals. You never know who they'll have with them. I'm sure Can o' phish can help a bit on that issue. I plan on being there no later than 10 (likely earlier).

Guest Low Roller

Would I enjoy this band that you all are freaking out about?

I miss hitting the shows with the O-Town crew. I can confirm that in August I am coming back to Canada for two weeks. There better be some good shit happening then!!

We're fully charged and ready for the show. I can't insist strongly enough, for those who haven't seen the Sisters, on what a fantastic musical experience it is - that is, unless you happen not to like Hammond B3s played with panache, meticulous and complex rhythm, bass with grooves that can move your marrow, and a guitarist who is so deep into his playing he pulls you right out the other side. So if you don't like any of that, it'll probably suck.

Oh, right, and great stage banter, too. I'm looking forward to seeing what gem they pull out this time from The Book ("Like a Virgin", last time, was entirely memorable :D).

I would go with the odds being more towards the "no vocals" thing...John and the Sisters is entirely different then the Sister Euclid but, that being said, if Cassandra Wilson or Norah Jones or somebody else Kevin knows happens to be in town that day, they may just stop by...I caught Cyro Baptist on just such an occasion. Bouche is dead on in Kevin's stage banter though...he's quite the comedian...Can "O" sets up his mic's about 10' from the stage or so...definatly wait for his suggestions...

LOOK OUT OTTAWA, THE BEST OF THE BEST IS COMING YOUR WAY!!!!

Gawpo Giggles }:| }:| }:|

-Bouche, that "Fake Plastic Trees" was mind blwing and unbelievable...and you'll never hear it again...Can "O" worked 7 days straight and had like no sleep and just made it in time for the show...NO RECORDING :(

Edited by Guest

-Bouche, that "Fake Plastic Trees" was mind blwing and unbelievable...and you'll never hear it again...

"...unless by some miracle he happens to play it at an upcoming show, Ottawa, for example, when we might get lucky and have someone record it successfully", you forgot to add.

Aloha,

Brad

"...unless by some miracle he happens to play it at an upcoming show, Ottawa, for example, when we might get lucky and have someone record it successfully", you forgot to add.

Hmmmm, guess recording every Monday night for over a year isn't "worthy" when it comes to recording "successfully". My apologies for not recording this night after acquiring a total of 8 hours of shut eye over 7 days....

Looks like I'm gonna have to come to O-town to give anal retentive Brad M a kick in the arse!!!

No Taping For Brad M! Bad Taper! Go take a time out in the corner for 5 minutes....

LOL!!!