Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit and Sisters Euclid rollcall AND Countdown!

bouche

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. My. Lord.

As I said previously, it was after hearing the set that's on jambands.ca that I became a fan. But that was before I saw them play.

I am now a Fan. For. Life. That first set, which had a "wall of sound" aspect to it that I hadn't heard in the recordings, blew me away. I stepped out at set break for a sound check, imposed the results of my hobby on a few people, and came back inside, eagerly anticipating what was to come.

"And then the rains came..."

No, seriously: the light was just so that it looked like someone had put the drum kit in the shower: water was coming down all over the stage, not unlike some cheezy music video special effect. People were scurrying about the stage, getting stuff out of the way.

I waited a bit, and wondered if other parts of the ceiling might start to have problems. I unplugged, and tore down, fully expecting the band to "cut its losses"* and have that be the way the night ended; and I would have been happy with just one set. I got my money's worth with the hour or so of music they played for us before the deluge began.

But the band started setting up again...lacking the time (and brain power and coordination) to go full-on, I whipped out the stealth mics and put them up, confident in their ability to pick up whatever's going on near them. They weren't using the PA, it was just gear on the floor (amid, and among, the audience).

And then they started playing. I hope can'o'phish was able to come up with a set list, because the second set opener slayed me. It was sick funk, and it set the tone for the rest of the set: these guys were going to slap the face of the gremlins who had dared to intrude their bad luck into the band's domain.

Will someone please get Breit to hook up with arhive.org? People need to hear this.

can'o'phish, I now envy you more than you can know.

Aloha,

Brad

* C'mon, somebody had to say it... ;)

As CatPhish just said to me "That was my favorite concert of the year." and I refuse to deny that comment.

Absolutely magical.

Lynn and I plan to hit TO some upcoming weekend in 2005 and stay until the Tuesday so we can see a gig on their home field.

So good to see many of you people having such a good time. I doubt I will ever see Velvet more happy.

Thank you KB and the Sisters Euclid and thank you to each of those that provided the band with the love they so deserved.

Edit to add:

Trevor just said "It blew my mind and it was Jesus. That's my review..........."

Edited by Guest

Wowy kazowy. What an incredible music experience. One of those gems that grabs you from the first note, hypnotizes you and riffles through your emotions. I laughed, cried (What a Helpless!), was amazed, impressed and thrilled. Every time I see Kevin Breit he grabs more and more of my heart. Thanks to him and the Sisters Euclid for putting on such a great show. You sure classed up Ottawa. I woke up several times last night from smiling. Hell, I'm still smiling!

I know others have said it, but when I saw the ceiling of Mavericks leaking and the band removing every piece of equipment from the stage I felt very disappointed that the show seemed to be over. I shouldn't have questioned the professionalism and passion for music that these guys had. Moving the show to the dance floor was such an awsome thing to do and it made the night that much more intimate and special for those of us lucky enough to be there. These guys are solid people as well as musicians.

Please come back soon.

We missed you Sloth and thought of you often. Sorry you couldn't be there.

quote from Matty C: "They tore the roof off of the joint"

I've attached 2 photos. I believe the first one is actually a pipe. This was at the front edge of the stage where you'd see the monitors (and can'o'phish's mics and recording gear) the second is the buckets that were catching the water.

Wow ... I wish I could have been in Ottawa last night for this event ... it sounds like one of those shows that won't ever be forgotten.

Booche, let me know when you and Lynn are heading to Toronto, because I'm ashamed to admit it ... I still haven't seen Kevin Breit and Sister Euclid! It would be an extra-special treat to see the band when you were also in attendance.

Peace, Mark