Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit and Sisters Euclid rollcall AND Countdown!

bouche

Wow! What an INCREDIBLE night!!! Chains upon unbroken chains of thankyous!!!

A truely enjoyable evening from start to finish!

So sweet!

So impressed that they didn't let the gushing water get them down and kept going....Neil Young...that was so cool!

Luckily my memory stayed in tact up untill Mike and Sharrons...there is a slight mystery to be solved...

Can o'phish thanks for talking these guys up a month or so back...also awesome to see ya!

Todd and Mike thanks for doing the radio show...I was close to bailing before that....so glad I went!

BradM....um did you find my hoody w/purple,sparkly snowborders on it by any chance?

oh hey Deb it was sweet to meet you!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BradM....um did you find my hoody w/purple,sparkly snowborders on it by any chance?

No, sorry. It didn't end up in my bag with my gear, and I think I cleared everything out of where I was taping. I do recall a (dark) piece of clothing (too small to be a hooide, though, I think) that I left on the chair (it had been stashed between the chair and one of the poles), and telling you about it (because it wasn't where you had stashed it); is that it?

Aloha,

Brad

So, where do I begin?

There have been many things written since Friday's show at Maverick's that echo my thoughts.

But one thing that does come to mind with Friday night is a conversation I had earlier in the day. I had the pleasure to make the trip with Rob Gusevs, keyboard player/organist for The Sisters. Somewhere in the midst of stories about traveling, music and many other topics, we were sharing times that those very "odd and special" occurences happen as in meeting someone from down the street while in another part of the world, and how this happens at a point in time that if you had stopped for a drink of water or to tie your shoe, you would not have had that chance moment occur.

So I thought how lucky it was that when the pipe burst, it was between sets, not during, where it could've led to some serious issues. Or the fact that the only instrument the water did fall on were the drums and not anything powered such as Kevin's vintage amp, Robs' organ or Ian's bass head.

And then when The Sisters quite literally brought their Orbit Magic to Ottawa by setting up in a space as to how they are accustomed to playing at the Orbit and continue to play....what else can one say but simply incredible and this just one of the many reasons I am such an admirer of this group.

To Mike and Sharon for cooking up an amazing meal of Bison Burgers, roast potatoes, veggie pasta, salad and for providing a bed for me to crawl into as the birds were coming to life the next morning....THANK YOU. You guys are amazing and Abbey is one lucky girl to have you both.

To whoever quickly moved my gear out of harm's way...THANK YOU!!!!

Velvet, great to see you again and for working with Mike to bring the group to Ottawa.

Brad M, so great to see you again. I'm sure you must be grinning ear to ear with your recording. I'm happy to say I have both sets recorded and will be doing the transfer after finishing this novlet.

To Booche, Jordan and Jay, hopefully the next time I'm with you guys I'll have more time to catch up.

Dave & Deb, again, great to meet you and your harmonizing in the wee hours of the morning was so nice. Keep the posts coming Dr. Evil Mouse!

And Howler, yes, you did make me howl with stories of my cousin. The "Garage Door" story you told me is still making me laugh. I will be emailing her shortly to let her know that you've given me some dirt on my seemingly innocent cousin. Really nice to talk to you Julia. Though I don't think my parents have much to worry about being that at least I didn't end up sleeping in a hallway. I'm laughing right now....Funny girl!!!

Saturday morning Rob & I had a great breakfast at Stone Face Dolly's and then made the trip back to Hogtown. I cannot wait for another journey to O-town and hopefully stay a little longer this time.

Set list soon to be posted and Bouche, I will be FTPing this to you as soon as it is mixed.

Sisters Euclid - Maverick's 6/10/05

Sound Check - Rigged Noose

Set 1

Mission Bell Blues

Treat Her Right

Two Miles of Bad Road

Band Introductions

Lowell

Stage Banter

Trouble In Orbit

Domenic (Poor Ray)

Ottawa Surprises Banter

When You Wish Upon A Star/Thank You/Tumbleweed Tea

Set 2 - Intimate & Interactive from the floor @ Maverick's - Band moved to the floor after water pipe burst over the stage.

A Cousin of Martin Scorsese

Behind Closed Doors

Crowd Banter

Ohio

Helpless

Creature Comforts/Slop

If You Could Read My Mind

Parkdale Symphony

Encore: Lingerie

hahaha....Can o'Phish...I forgot about the garage door story telling...your seemingly innocent cousin!!!HAHAHABAHHAHHARHAR!!!!yeah right!!!!

hahahaha....can't stop laughing....oh boy have I got stories!!!!hahaha...

my sleeping in the hallway isn't the weirdest part....mabey I'll pm you the weirdest part!!!Definately not board material! Yet a mystery I wouldn't mind solving....a tottally bizzarrarific mystery!

BradM....yes I think that was my hoody...its quite small and I recall you even trying to give it to me...doh!

Well, just have done the transfer and mastering and as my memory was saying that it was a night of incredible energy, the proof is in the music. What is really making me grin from ear to ear is the amazing crowd response. So nice to hear. And so nice to be able to finally dance to The Sisters. Don't get me wrong, I love The Orbit Crowd, but dancing only seems to happen at the back of the room and during the Holiday shows. The O-town Crowd rocks! Can't wait to do this again soon!

I can't think of a damn thing to add to all the comments above, so won't dare (except maybe to say how inspiring Bouche's missionary zeal about all things Breit is ;) You really made me regret having missed out on that OFC workshop). I will say, though (in addition to commenting on getting all that crap from the floor off my feet) that we were beside ourselves having had the chance to meet up with all you skanks, finally get (pairs of) names to faces, and have some awfully good laughs. We can't wait to see more of you come Canada Day, which frankly can't come soon enough.

Can't wait to hear that Helpless again....