Jambands.ca

Anyone know a good stone mason?

TomFoolery

Strange question, I guess...

I'm going to be moving back to the west coast in a few months and have been looking into stone masonry as a new direction. I am not into my current career (which brought me to Ottawa in the first place) and there are a bunch of aspects of masonry that appeal to me.

I'm going to be looking for an apprenticeship with someone. But, it would be cool not to have to cold call people. I've got a bunch of experience in other trades (framing and roofing) and figure stuff out quick, especially if there's someone there that really knows there sh!t that I can ask questions.

Anyhow, just throwing this out there to see if anyone has any ideas...

Cheers

TF

My friend Steve is in his 3rd year of a stone masonry apprenticeship at BCIT. He goes to many of the Jamband shows in Vancouver and I'm sure he would like to talk to you about his stone masonry experience help you through his connections. If you want his contact info please send me a PM.

wow...west eh...kinda thought you'd go East after meeting you at Brads B-day.Though I know how hard it is to shake the west outa the bones once its been experianced.

I don't know much other than my friend whom unfortunately I've lost touch with...was apprenticing a stone mason in Nelson and I believe it was connected to a government programm...so mabey check out Gov. stuff...opportunities may be found via this route?

Best of the best for you in your quest!

Congratulations on making the decision to leave an unfulling job!

That takes real guts!