Jambands.ca

2005 Canada Day Bash

Freeker

Another great act has just signed, line up announcement should be any day now.

I know it may be late in the game, but if you're looking for other acts, how about Tala? It looks like there's an opening in their schedule around Canada Day, and we got rooked out of their opening for the Brothers Past show, so it'd be 'way cool to have 'em come to Ottawa and give us a set.

Aloha,

Brad

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great act has just signed, line up announcement should be any day now.

It's been three days... Where's that announcement? How you expect anyone to come all the way from Bank St. to your Canada Day Bash without that announcement is beyond me... People need time to make their plans...

;)

Seriously though, I can't wait for this party...

if you're looking for other acts,

Polar opposite of the situation.

I feel like a bar manager so many bands have approached us looking to play, and they're all friends, so very tough situation.

(note to self: do not be a booking agent for a bar)

Yeah, I understand completely. If somebody could get a proposed schedule out to the bands ASAP, it'd help a lot, because a band that's planning a one-hour set, but is only scheduled to get 45 minutes, may need to re-rig things. (And with all the bands, and the other entertainment [e.g., boxing match], I'm thinking the schedule's going to be really tight, especially given tear-down and set-up times.)

Aloha,

Brad

FINAL CANADA DAY LINE UP

Mc'ed By Todd Snelgrove

1:00-1:30 - HUX Solo

1:30-2:30 - Grant Buffet Experience

2:30-3:00 - Boxing Match

3:00-4:00 - Real Gone Daddies

4:00-4:30 - Dave-O Solo acoustic

4:30-5:30 - Bluegrassy High

5:30-6:30 - Vanderpark

6:30-7:30 - Inglewood Jack

7:30-8:00 - Kevin Carey

8:00-9:00 - Comfort Station

9:00-10:00 - Bullmoose

Edited by Guest

The line up looks good damn good. The Real Gone Daddies are going to be a huge treat!!

Tickets sales are over 200 so far, so if you haven't gotten your ticket yet I highly recommend that you do. It looks like we're actually going to cap it off this year so door sales might not be happening, which would be great more money in advance means more surprises for you! If you are coming from out of town and want to make arragements PM me and we'll work it out.

Thanks to Snelly we will have wine as an option again this year for those who like to get drunk but don't like the kegs, we'll also be cooking up some jello shooters hopefully.

:: Anyone who has anything they'd like to donate for the day would be awesome. We could use a few more sun tents, tables, chairs, canada flags, beer pitchers, toys anything...

I've got an idea: could a "sunscreen" table be set up, with sharable bottles of sunscreen (and/or nubile wenches of virtue true to apply it ;) )? That way, anybody who forgets to get SPiFfed up won't get burned to a crisp.

Also, what's the status as to food? What will be available, and between what hours?

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks for bringing that up Brad. Food will be provided by the great Dirienzo's. He'll show up for a couple hours and dish out sandwiches and pasta to the hungry drunken crowd for really cheap, sandwich and a pasta for 5 bucks kinda thing. Anyone who has ever had the "D" knows that it doesn't get any better than that. I'm guess it will take place around 5-6pm

I've got an idea: could a "sunscreen" table be set up, with sharable bottles of sunscreen (and/or nubile wenches of virtue true to apply it ;) )? That way, anybody who forgets to get SPiFfed up won't get burned to a crisp.

Also, what's the status as to food? What will be available, and between what hours?

Aloha,

Brad

an excellent idea, but

nubile wenches of virtue true
means I'm out!!!