Jambands.ca

2005 Canada Day Bash

Freeker

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I quiver with anticipation. Seriously. I just know you guys are gonna slam me hard somehow and I won't be there to defend myself.

Bastards. ;)

I want to hear the tapes!!!

Oh man, the MC was WICKED!

"Here is a new song from my latest cd called Whale Sounds.........."

"Give a hand to these 2 morons!"

The more wasted he got, the harder I laughed (possibly because I was getting as progressively wasted).

Bullmoose was stupid good tonight. They were the only band that deserved an encore, not taking anything away from the other bands.

Fuck you too.

Hey Hey!

I know I said many thanks to most people lastnight.... but thanks to everyone who had a part in making the day a Facking great party!!

Awesome Job Folks!

I was happy to make it out in one piece this year!!

Jesus christ, did you see the people dancing to BGH?!?! It was great to see you all reunite on stage....really nice to have DAVE-O back in town.

Oh ya....Bradm's Band!!! Brad it was cool to see you playing on stage instead of standing behind the taping gear!

Well I survived the night... not even a hang-over this morning!

Yowsa! I have this terrible feeling to live with, though, which comes from the realisation that this isn't like a CTMF and we don't get to see anybody the next day or two. Whaain. That sucks. Can we start our own country? (I realise what a sacriligious thing that is to say on the heels of Canada Day, but, well, you know.)

How about for next year, this be a two or three-day affair, so by the time people like me get their heads together after the first wave there's still a whole bunch more time to carry on, and settle in?

Very nice to see so many fine, fine bands, the names of whom I wish I could remember, but expect I'll piece together in the next couple of days. Bradm, it was great to be finally seeing you play, and frankly your playing totally hits the spot (nice hat, too). Also great to finally see BGH, which was just the sort of band I needed to get my legs and arms moving where they needed to go; you guys should beat each other up more often. I wish we could have caught the tail end of Bullmoose (btw, anybody know the Monty Python sketch about bullmooses?), but we had to catch the crest of the wave of cabs away from the chaos that downtown Ottawa was about to become. Deb's got a story about beer and cabbies, but I'll let her share that one for herself.

And Velvet, she also insists that next year there be more boytitties. Evidently you've set the bar pretty high. Just don't make me jealous.

Nice job, folks. Can't wait for the next one.

she also insists that next year there be more boytitties. Evidently you've set the bar pretty high.

Yeah, what was that all about? I sort of remember my shirt being peeled up while I was waiting in the beer line. I'm not totally sure how I fared, or even what I was being judged on ...

Great time. You boys at that place sure know how to throw a shindig. Thanks! And everyone was super cool - no incidents other than a few observed jovial beer soakings and that disarmingly handsome idiot crashing into the table while playing with the football ;)

And Velvet was gold cussing up a storm on the mic, for sure.

Edited by Guest
vanity

thanks to all at that place, what a well-organized bash! i had an awesome time. sorry to see the sombrero go. BGH kicked ass! in fact i really enjoyed all the bands. this is neither here nor there but i think i saw more beer spilled (and had more spilled on me, intentional or otherwise, i'm lookin at you gateaux :P) than ever before.

fun!!

Edited by Guest
figgering stuff out

Oh, Meggo... I'm supposed to get you a photobucket. I completely forgot... I'll do that.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to hear everyone had a good time. I wish I'd had the foresight to put in an appearance, but, we all had fun in our own way! Rock on Fourdee.

oh yeah! hook me up :P

for some reason this batch of pics is too big (i.e. the actual file sizes are too big) so on my msn site i'm only able to load up about 7 or 8 pics... it's making me aggravated so i'm going to wait. sorry!

giddy up ;) ever hear of flickr?

It seems like a decent phreee photo service. I need to see your shotS! I'm probaly going to join one of those photo bloggy things soon too. I like how they have made it so easy to post photos. And I have a crapload of yesterday shots as well.