Jambands.ca

its 7000 degrees outside!!!

rubberdinghy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! I knew as soon as I saw StoneMtn as the last post that there was going to be trouble. ;) Listen mister, it's nearly 40 degrees today with the humidex. I'm melting!

The heat I can handle to some extent, that bitch of a storm yesterday is another story. There were chunks of hail the size of gum balls. It looked like my office was going through a car wash. So...much...water! Mercy! Now we have a slew of road closures, flooded and collapsing schools and we have to reroute all of the school buses for Monday. Hahahaha! Not gonna happen.

I'm an idiot for going to the city this weekend. I'm sure it's even worse in the Tdot. Ew! I'll be drinking in the cool basement if any of you need me.

I find it comical that people who work indoors (most likely in air conditioned buildings) are complaining about the heat.We just finished taking an engine out of a truck & finished shingling a roof this morning.Next week it looks like I start work in the blast furnace in Dofasco (2600 degrees while its down (means off) ).Theres a reason to complain about heat.

Its summer folks,save the crying for the winter can ya...I guess I'll just never understand....

ps.Although if I were in rubberdinghy's postion I'd probally bitch a little also,I hate buses..let alone driving one.

Nope thats not the case,I just said I found it comical when folks who work indoors bitch about heat outdoors.I don't have it bad at all,great pay & good hours.I was just providing an example of working in the heat.If you fail to understand that,I guess it explains a few more things.

Okay Esau. You win, hands down.

2600 degrees? Are you a robot? ;)

Win? Wasn't really my point.

2600 degrees is the internal temp of the blast furnace when its not running,it certianly isn't 2600 degrees for me,but it tops 40 without humidity even in the night shift,not to mention we are required to wear scott air packs over our faces (similar to a firemans ) & long pants,sleeves under coveralls.Makes for a hot day at work.Usually 12 hour shifts too,which really bites.

People keep telling me it's hot out, so I guess I'll agree, but I went for a nice big bike ride and felt great. Still feel great.

"i haven't experienced the full on ottawa winter yet, so i may be talking out of my ass..."

You are soooo in for it. You'll want to die or kill.

I was just providing an example of working in the heat.If you fail to understand that,I guess it explains a few more things.

I fully understood your example. Does that explain a few more things?

Edited to add - You stated that you had "a reason to complain", implying others do not. I think that's ludicrous - people can have their own reasons to complain about anything. That was my only point.

I think it's hotter than hell and I have been complaining all day.

Legit.

Edited by Guest

hahaha ok.

i like cold though...i do. well, i guess whistler doesn't count as 'cold' hehehe

i was here for the last month of winter. i loved it, but i can see how it would get pretty old after 4 months of that.

anyway though, i like to have the 4 seasons. as opposed to 2 in vancouver (it seems like).

winter makes you appreciate spring all the more. this was the greatest spring for me, it meant so much more to see those first signs...

hot summer makes you appreciate cool weather in fall...

and so on...

Its all relative really.

I used to roof (its no blast furnace, but there are few hotter summer jobs). It ate ass being on a hot roof like that.

I now work in an air-conditioned office.

The heat still gets to me a bit. No more no less - its just what I'm used to doing.

I'll take an Ottawa summer very happily though. Life here rules in the summer. The kayak opportunities (and any outdoors activities really) are second to none - and I dig that sh!t.

Besides, you can comfortably walk around at 3am in shorts and a t-shirt! That seals it.

Winter here bites it. It is unnecessarily cold - to the point where many things are dangerous to do outside. I can't understand why the first people here didn't just keep going south. Can you imagine living here without heat and good insulation?!?

I was just providing an example of working in the heat.If you fail to understand that' date='I guess it explains a few more things.[/quote']

I fully understood your example. Does that explain a few more things?

Edited to add - You stated that you had "a reason to complain", implying others do not. I think that's ludicrous - people can have their own reasons to complain about anything. That was my only point.

So your saying that your one line remark was a point? Excuse me if I failed to see the point,which you did make eventually in your edit.

You know for a person who always seems to claim they dont have issues with me,you seem to have quite a few,although I get confused by the arrogance online that you conviently forget to display when we cross paths.