Jambands.ca

Pink Floyd Reuniting for Live aid

Jakis

David Gilmour made the following statement:

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It's crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

I go away for the weekend, wake up Monday morning to find out that Roger Waters is reuniting with Pink Floyd and Bo Bice joined Trey band. What's next? Is someone going to tell me that Booche cut his hair??

Seriously though, this is huge news. Let's start some rumours for a Floyd fall US tour!!

That really is a miracle, with all the hate that's gone down between Roger and Dave and the rest of them.

It'll be really interesting to see how it goes, and even more interesting to see what songs they play. Somehow I don't think they'll be playing "The Final Cut" in it's entirety.

I think a "Learning to Fly" would be poignant.

No way man, Division Bell has some great tunes on it!

Money would be a very poignant play as well - but I'd say that's gotta be the very least likely number for them to choose!!

It would be pretty funny to see Roger hammering out that good ol' 7/8 bass riff again tho'

No matter what, anything from the post Waters era " Floyd " will not be played, especially considering those albums and songs all suck.

I agree that nothing from the post-Waters eara will be played at LIVE 8, but I disagree that those albums and songs all suck.

My least favaourite Pink Floyd album is the Roger Waters masturbate-athon "The Final Cut".

Jaimoe is right and wrong - They won't be playing anything post-Waters, no way in hell Roger's ego would let that happen. But to say all the albums after he left suck is completely baseless. While different from previous album and without Water's signature lyrical style both Division Bell and Momentary Lapse are still both great, I for one impressed that they could do so much with out Waters, considereding he wrote mostly everything for them.

That said Pink Floyd without Waters isn't Pink Floyd, and I am so excited for this reunion and hope it leads to a tour of some kind

Oh by the way tickets for London are on sale now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16067&item=6539594438&rd=1

The Who and Plant, Page and Jones reunited for the first time at Live Aid. Ozzy joined Black Sabbath too.

Does anyone remember the TV coverage of this back in 1985? 3/4 of a Led Zeppelin reunion, perhaps the biggest rock and roll moment of the 80s, and Dick Frickin' Clark is talking over their playing. I hope nothing like this happens during the upcoming Floyd reunion.