Panama**

46 Days

Sledgehammer

Encore:

Come As Melody

No Woman No Cry*

*with special guest Matisyahu

**with special guest Bo Bice

THats too funny. I had to watch Am. Idol this season, only because of my GF, but I gotta admit, that Bo Bice character was pretty cool. He had a lot of composure for someone in his position. In an interview after he lost in the final he said "please dont remember me for this show," and apparently he wouldnt let them change his image one iota to fit T.V. standards.He was the "Rupert" of american Idol, and totally deserved this. ITs wierd too, cuz my GF was just wondering aloud the other day about who he'd make his big first appearence with. I wouldnt have dreamed it would be trey. And, ya, the fact that they played Panama is absolutely rediculous. MAkes perfect sense. Trey hasnt jumped the shark, he knows whats goin on.

Fuck man I think that's great! The more Beatles the better, Bring it on Trey!

I think we all have to disassociate ourselves with the Trey as we knew in Phish and his earlier Trey Band endevours. The sooner you let go, the sooner you can appreciate what he's up to these days. Defintely different from what we know, but not to be discounted.

Too many covers. Here's the breakdown:

14 covers

3 TAB songs

2 70VP songs

1 Phish song

Hopefully it was a set to appease the 'Roo crowd and get them excited to see 70 Volt Parade this summer... The new rumour has it that 70VP and The John Mayer Trio will be touring together this summer... That would be a pretty decent lineup...

The new rumour has it that 70VP and The John Mayer Trio will be touring together this summer... That would be a pretty decent lineup...

I'm not sure when it will happen, but Mayer will one day abandon his teen idol/Dave Matthews-light personna. You can see it coming with the Trey tour rumour and his involvement in the newly revamped Headhunters line-up at this year's Bonnaroo.

John Mayer bites. No soul whiteboy in a blazer. He's the reasons every prep school hippie is sporting a blazers.

Tery's set: Lots of covers some look good, but doesn't sound too progressive.

And a tour with John Mayer. Sounds like the fast train to the middle of the road.

BURN THE BLAZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a frequent blazerite I take offense to your generalization. The humour in you dispensing fashion advice might be rooted in your own sense of style:

Chameleon_Casual.jpg

It is a fact that John Mayer is as adult contemporary as they come.

Though I can't see the burning of blazers fixing anything about it. I like the fashion jabbing!

JM is a prep school hero and a real world transparent fool if you ask me. His tunes sound quite contrived and geared mainly to whatever young girl he has his sights on. Hence his teenie-bopping lame-assed fan base. He's like Dave Matthews without an incling of the depth.

My guess is that I'm preaching to the choir when I say this on this board.

Deeps

Edited by Guest