Jambands.ca

What happy a Trey fan makes?

Guest Low Roller

Yeah... I guess it is how you interpret the tag "nostalgia act" in the first place. My interpretation would be an act which tours (frequently or not) based solely on old material, and has long since given up on recording or performing any new material. Also, the old material would be primarily composed of early hits (or, in the case of Phish "early popular songs") rather than early album tracks or obscure gems.

I hear what your saying Brian & certianly don't disagree with your interpretation but wasn't Phish playing alot of newer songs when they called it quits? I recall alot of folks complaining about the new material & about not hearing enough old material.

My thoughts are that if they had stayed together & things weren't becoming stale for them (not just for Trey either) that they would be creating more fine music.Phish never came across to me as a band that would stop recording new material and keep touring relying on the old stuff to get em through.(eg: The Dead) But then thats my take on it.

Either way,the main issue I've had is the sudden Trey hatred coming from folks who only 18 months ago thought he could do no wrong.To me,regardless of who called it quits it doesn't warrant the shit he's taking from the fans.Especially,if Phish got back together you just know those same folks (more then half anyway) would be probally be defending him on the slighest of negative comments again.To me thats not a love for the music,but a feeling of being owed.