Jambands.ca

AAA Basebrawl

ollie

Thats funny. It all started because the guy tried to bunt while down 4-0 in the previous game. For some strange reason, the baseball gods consider this poor etiquette. I played a little my self and remember occasions such as this I could never understand why it pissed people off so much. But apparently, if your losing 4-0, or 7-2, or 5-1, or whatever, your not supposed to steal or bunt, and why the fuck is that? Because the team in the lead has earned it's right to be lazy? I completely understand the other side though; if you way ahead, dont steal or bunt. Its just good sportsmanship. Ah well....

Yeah, that's weird. I heard that explanation on TSN and it didn't make sense. A 4-run deficit is nothing. Is it just the number 4? Can you bunt if down by 5?

TSN, by the way, aired a primo Top-10 of baseball fights. There is something so rugged and manly about a good one. The psychology of the unwritten baseball rules is tremendous.

Another unwritten rule I like: when turning a double play, the player catchig the ball and firing to first seldom ever actually touches the bag (2nd base) with his foot, but an ump will not call it, literally, 99% of the time.

And, no, the lead does not have to be four, it can be anything. Id have to say four would be the lowest to garner this type of reactiion. That's why this fight was so dumb.