Jambands.ca

burning apartments

KarinGarage

It's the craziest thing, the apartment building on the otherside of my neighbor's house is burning down as i write this. It's wierd to talk to someone as they watch their home go up in flames. My love and good vibes go out to all those people right now and to all those who have lost everything to a fire.

i hope they had renter's insurance :) i'm sure as hell gonna get some in the morning!

YIKES!! I hope everyone's ok! I remember when our block was on fire when I lived downtown - there was a couple hours when we thought it might spread to our building. We were really lucky it didn't, but man... the hearache I felt for those who lost everything.

In Vancouver a couple of years ago, the police issued a warning that went something like this:

We are releasing a pyromaniac from prison today, as he has fulfilled his sentence. He is not rehabilitated and we expect him to re-offend, likely in the Kitsilano-area, within the next three days.

Later that night, I and a hundred other Kitsilano residents stood together at around 3 am watching five houses go up in flames on the next block.

People suck.

things can get pretty hot when you live with the devil, mir.

when i lived downtown (kitchener), i saw the station hotel start up... ate a mushroom and watched 'er burn. they used the fire hoses to knock the old building in on itself. the spray, not the hoses. very stretegic firefighting/demolition.

Edited by Guest
poor usage of the word fucko, removed

Keri, that was it. i live in royal oak now.

everyone got out safely, but some people lost their cats, not to mention everything they own. the crazy thing is, that after the place was burning for like 4 hours, this lady came walking out of the apartment building. she had been sleeping the whole time and only woke up when part of her bedroom ceiling colapsed on her. apparently she has some sort of sleeping disorder and never heard the fire alarms. good thing she was on the complete opposite side of the building from where the fire started.

now thats a nice piece of luck (crazy sleeping lady)... glad everyone made it out but too bad about the cats

when I go out I'm always extra careful to make sure nothing is likely flammable after picturing loosing the pets in a fire... they can't get out, be a terrible thing

yeah, it was really sad to watch people carrying out the remains of their pets and anything they could manage to salvage once they were let back into the building. but they did find a few pets still alive on the bottom floors, which i was really surprised to see.

i'm just glad everyone's alright. it could've been a lot worse.

Oh, that was it eh, Karin. Looked like a pretty raging fire! Huge flames coming out the windows! And that girl seemed so sad that she lost one of her cats. :(

Detroit news is ALWAYS depressing.

What are you doing for Canada day weekend? When is your long weekend? You and James up for some Diesel at the front?

In Vancouver a couple of years ago, the police issued a warning that went something like this:
We are releasing a pyromaniac from prison today, as he has fulfilled his sentence. He is not rehabilitated and we expect him to re-offend, likely in the Kitsilano-area, within the next three days.

that is crazy!!!!!!! that makes no sense at all.... arg!!

Edited by Guest