Jambands.ca

the Cover Band is looking for...

timouse

people to play :) i've been listening to a lot of live Band lately and it has totally stoked my desire to play their music...the number of people that claim them as influences, and the complexity of their songwriting totally amaze me.

so this idea of a cover band called the Cover Band keeps bubbling under. i'd like to try to make something happen in the fall. no committments to 20 gigs a year, but if it works it'd be a fun thing to have going in whatever state it happens in. i know that the good rev probably has half the band already, i'm imagining a couple guitars, keys, bass, and two drummers, sort of like the lineup they toured in the 90's. snail, you have your bass by now, you still in?

on a side note, levon helm is in finincial trouble and is doing shows at his barn every couple weeks. it's steep ($100 US per) but it's him, dr john, hubert sumlin, and lots of very cool others. anyone want to go?

pro- bbq beforehand, hang out with the band and a bunch of band freaks, see a show, not sure about camping right there but i'm sure it's around.

con - it's outside of Woodstock, so it's a long trip from the toronto area, but if levon's in trouble i'd happily give him $100 in exchange for being entertained all afternoon & evening :)

Hubert Sumlin is playing with Levon Helm.

Holy fuck!!! He's one of the great lead blues guitarists.

Here's a partial list of artists he's worked with:

Howlin' Wolf ( he's on many of Wolf's classic recordings )

Muddy Waters

Elmore James

Jimmy Reed

Willie Dixon

James Cotton

Pinetop Perkins

Sonny Boy Williamson

i know that the good rev probably has half the band already, i'm imagining a couple guitars, keys, bass, and two drummers, sort of like the lineup they toured in the 90's. snail, you have your bass by now, you still in?

Well let's just say I could handle any of the guitar, bass, and drums myself...though not all at once :D.

Seriously though, I have one drummer who is committed, to the point that since I mentioned this Cover Band to him, he's asked me about it at least once a week. I would be equally happy either playing guitar or bass. We have a piano/keyboard player who will be making his home in Hamilton as of September, haven't mentioned anything to him yet but I can assure you he would be down to take care of either Richard's or Garth's parts. Myself and the drummer both sing. Tim, what do you play? I don't remember. Do I recall correctly that Dr. Evil Mouse is involved as well, presumably on guitar? Dude, I'm ready to get this show on the road tomorrow.

Anyway, let me know exactly what role(s) you'd like me/us to play, and let's go from there.

Hubert Sumlin is playing with Levon Helm.

Holy fuck!!! He's one of the great lead blues guitarists.

Here's a partial list of artists he's worked with:

Howlin' Wolf ( he's on many of Wolf's classic recordings )

Muddy Waters

Elmore James

Jimmy Reed

Willie Dixon

James Cotton

Pinetop Perkins

Sonny Boy Williamson

COULD NOT AGREE MORE $100 IS A BARGIN TO SEE A LIVING BLUES LEGEND LIKE HUBERT SUMLIN. I JUST MIGHT HAVE TO GO NOW! WOW!

hubert_howlinwolf.jpg

i know that the good rev probably has half the band already' date=' i'm imagining a couple guitars, keys, bass, and two drummers, sort of like the lineup they toured in the 90's. snail, you have your bass by now, you still in?[/quote']

Well let's just say I could handle any of the guitar, bass, and drums myself...though not all at once :D.

Seriously though, I have one drummer who is committed, to the point that since I mentioned this Cover Band to him, he's asked me about it at least once a week. I would be equally happy either playing guitar or bass. We have a piano/keyboard player who will be making his home in Hamilton as of September, haven't mentioned anything to him yet but I can assure you he would be down to take care of either Richard's or Garth's parts. Myself and the drummer both sing. Tim, what do you play? I don't remember. Do I recall correctly that Dr. Evil Mouse is involved as well, presumably on guitar? Dude, I'm ready to get this show on the road tomorrow.

Anyway, let me know exactly what role(s) you'd like me/us to play, and let's go from there.

hey rev! i'm a drummer with a limited singing range who can also play guitar and a tiny bit of keys...so i think we have a coulple guitars, possible keys, a couple drummers and at least one bassist...woo hoo!

it's steep ($100 US per)

con - it's outside of Woodstock, so it's a long trip from the toronto area, but if levon's in trouble i'd happily give him $100 in exchange for being entertained all afternoon & evening :)

Question for ya,is it in the US? I know you say its outside Woodstock,but with the 100 USD ticket price (which I would pay no problem) I'm sorta confused.

it's steep ($100 US per)

con - it's outside of Woodstock' date=' so it's a long trip from the toronto area, but if levon's in trouble i'd happily give him $100 in exchange for being entertained all afternoon & evening :)[/quote']

Question for ya,is it in the US? I know you say its outside Woodstock,but with the 100 USD ticket price (which I would pay no problem) I'm sorta confused.

sorry...the tickets are $100 US dollarydoos per, and it is Woodstock NY (sadly nott Woodstock Ontario, otherwise i'd be there now :) ) check http://www.levonhelm.com for more details.

Yeah,I realized it was 100USD a person,just wasn't sure which Woodstock you were refering to.I figured NY with it being in US funds,but was really hoping for ON.Oh well...I still may attempt a crossing this year,got a few folks I'm looking to hook up with I haven't seen since my last GD tour (93) that can't enter Canada..birds of a feather I guess... 00000001.gif

Yeah,I realized it was 100USD a person,just wasn't sure which Woodstock you were refering to.I figured NY with it being in US funds,but was really hoping for ON.Oh well...I still may attempt a crossing this year,got a few folks I'm looking to hook up with I haven't seen since my last GD tour (93) that can't enter Canada..birds of a feather I guess... 00000001.gif

heheheee...i'm not particularly inclined to enter the US, but this might just be enogh motivation :)

if we do decide a summer road trip (and I'm pretty sure this is gonna happen --how can we give this a miss and live with ourselves?), what happens Esau to the folks (and their car) who were trying to get you across the border. If it just means a long walk back for you, Dave and I can probably find space for you in our car.

Tim, let's seriously start looking at dates!

if we do decide a summer road trip (and I'm pretty sure this is gonna happen --how can we give this a miss and live with ourselves?), what happens Esau to the folks (and their car) who were trying to get you across the border. If it just means a long walk back for you, Dave and I can probably find space for you in our car.

Tim, let's seriously start looking at dates!

deb, ask chuck about his adventures in inadvertent people smuggleng...had his car confiscated and had to pay many $$$$ in fines to get it back.

the lesson is make sure that you ask all passengers heading stateside whether or not they have ever been refused entry...i think the question never came up with chuck's friend, in the eyes of US Customs chuck was assisting the illegal entry of a person into the US. and this was pre 911 to boot, they'll probably shoot you now :)