Jambands.ca

bob snider anyone?

DevO

DEFINITELY recommended!!

saw him open for the rheostatics at Hamilton Place Studio Theatre a couple years back, and he was so much fun! i picked up an album of his and it's really neat.. just a fun folky listen.. he writes simple songs with lots of personality, and he's a pretty neat picker, too...

couple summers ago i was sitting on my porch, near victoria park here in london, and the home country folk fest was on, and i could hear this dude singing in the distance, thought it sounded a little familiar, so i ran over to check it out, sure enough it was Bob singing about how to build a fence! lucky for me!

yeah dude, check it out, it's a fun nite of very listenable tunes.

[re-post]

nice! thanks guigs, thats exactly what i was hoping to hear. i'll check it out. someone called courtney wing is opening.

couple summers ago i was sitting on my porch, near victoria park here in london, and the home country folk fest was on, and i could hear this dude singing in the distance, thought it sounded a little familiar, so i ran over to check it out, sure enough it was Bob singing about how to build a fence! lucky for me!

hey, i know that tune from one of your mixes eh! actually funny enough i also heard that song one day on cbc during a mid-day talk show on home building.

when he played the studio theatre show in hamilton, he told the story of the fence song.. i cant quite remember it, but it had something to do with a writers club he was in, in the niagara area, and they all had to make a song around this one word.. i think the word was fence... bear in mind that all of that could be completely false. but it's somethin like that. maybe he tells the story every show, and someone out there who's seen it can confirm or deny this bullshit here...

Bob Snider is great!

My fave is How To Build A Fence.

Apparently he was discovered busking by Bob Wiseman, who took him to the studio and produced his first record.

what he said.

how to build a fence is hilarious in a very understated way. if bob comes within range of you, go.

seriously. log out, get up & go. :)

sorry i missed your post moose (i called ya earlier yesterday!). the show was at grassroots. glad i went! there were about 10 of us bearing witness, musicains and staff included. he's a great songwriter and storyteller, and a quirky old guy. he didn't have much to say about the fence building song (which washboard hank called out for), except that its a "silly little song". he did have a particular affinity for the word "radio" and expanded upon that in one song. i liked his song about how the kitchen is his favourite place to be! he also noted how about 40 years ago he was seeing [some folk musician] at [some old folk club in toronto], playing a great show to about 10 people and and he said to himself 'thats what i want to do with myself', so thats what he's done for about the last 40 years. and now, 40 years later, he's still playing to about 10 people! yup. good stuff. it was originally billed as $12 or $8 for students, but at the door it was pay what you can.