Jambands.ca

Trey opening for the Rolling Stones

Basher

It's interesting to hear people say that old rock bands like The Stones are has-beens, uncool and should have packed it in decades ago.

By comparison, jazz and blues artists can play and tour until the day they die, and yet they still garner respect and adulation. Rock & roll is perhaps only relevant to some as long as your heroes stay young.

all ya trey bashers piss off.

use your ears fucknuts! If ya like it then listen to the music, if ya don't.....then don't.

You also have to realize that Phish ain't all that big outside of this little bowl....It's the Rolling fucking Stones...like em' or not you still have to respect...

As for the new shit, sounds pretty solid to these ears!

Get the boards of the May 14th show - pretty good stuff!

all ya trey bashers piss off.

use your ears fucknuts! If ya like it then listen to the music, if ya don't.....then don't.

Not sure here Jon, but I really dont read alot of Trey bashing going on in this thread..unless this is a preemptive statement then I retract my comment.

jazz musicians still garner respect because they keep it interesting and evolve as musicians. lots of old rockers just play their back catalogue. or throw in stuff from crappy new albums while the scores of classic rock radio fans wait for beer and enjoy a pissbreak.

don't get me wrong its possible for old rockers to keep it going. the ABB got the spark they lost in 72 back with Hittin the Note. not that they didn't have good stuff in between those points, just not nearly as consistent.

i never said i don't respect the stones. they used to kick serious drunken ass all over the place. used to.

as for the actual topic of this thread. if trey wants to play with stones power to him. i'd like to see him play with anyone and everyone. and he seems more than willing to play with whoever is willing. bo bice, kid rock, rolling stones? i'm sure everyone on stage and in the crowd will have a great time and maybe even shit their pants a few times, and thats what its about right? shitting your pants.

jazz musicians still garner respect because they keep it interesting and evolve as musicians.

That isn't always true. Jazz and blues musicians have creative peaks just like rock artists do.

Miles Davis had some really shitty albums near the end of his life, yet he was always respected ( and rightfully so ) by fans and outside admirers.

yeah miles did have some shit in the end.

i like it when bands play new stuff and their sound changes and things like that. stones or any of the like are just greatest hits bands.

look at jeff beck. he's been ta it just as long and he tries new stuff still. i guess it just varies from artist to artist.