Jambands.ca

Live 8 in BARRIE

StoneMtn

I have been really busy all day, so I haven't had a chance to review the board to see if this has been posted yet. If it has, then I look like a dumbass. I can live with that.

Anyway, Live 8, Toronto, July 2!

See here:

http://www.pulse24.com/Showbiz/Top_Story/20050616-001/page.asp

Edited by Guest
Changing "Toronto" to "BARRIE" at request of AD.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sneak peaks at the line-up have already been floated, with one spokesperson calling it “spectacular”.

Among those rumoured to hit the stage: the Barenaked Ladies, Jann Arden and Our Lady Peace. Reps for Billy Talent have already confirmed the group has been invited and will be there – wherever ‘there’ is.

But the headliners everyone was expecting won’t be among the other groups. The Rolling Stones will be in town during the show, but have confirmed they’ll be too busy to take part."

Barenaked Ladies, Jann Arden, Our Lady Peace and Billy Talent? [color:purple]Spectacular!

I hate to say I told you so...

it's still disheartening to see people complain about a FREE show...fuck, people are assholes....if it's not your cup of tea...don't go!

plus the shows are about creating awareness for 3rd world debt relief but typical first world mentality, we think of only ourselves and how they should have band _______ or _________.

grow up and look beyond yourselves for a change

Chewie:

If you're referring to me, I think I should explain.

You're right, that I shouldn't have said that the lineup might "suck". I should have been more clear and said that I am almost certainly going to the show, but based on what I've seen announced so far, there's no one playing yet that I do want to see, so I might not.

I think that jumping to the conclusion that people are "assholes", though, is very over the top. The reason I am going, if there are any bands at all that I have any interest in, is that I support Bob Geldof's cause. That is also why I posted this thread.

it's still disheartening to see people complain about a FREE show...fuck, people are assholes....if it's not your cup of tea...don't go!

plus the shows are about creating awareness for 3rd world debt relief but typical first world mentality, we think of only ourselves and how they should have band _______ or _________.

grow up and look beyond yourselves for a change

you tell'm chewie. no one is allowed an opinion on anything, unless i give them one.

it's still disheartening to see people complain about a FREE show...fuck' date=' people are assholes....if it's not your cup of tea...don't go!

grow up and look beyond yourselves for a change[/quote']

you tell'm chewie. no one is allowed an opinion on anything, unless i give them one.

Chewie's just pissed that the dude with the tank at bonnaroo wouldn't cut him some slack... I mean come on surely the 25th one's free right?

i just heard that it's going to take place at Molson Park in Barrie... (Or Park Place or whatever the hell it's called now...)

Yeah, that's the word on the street in Barrie. Don't the Blues Bros. own Park Place? Quite possible we'd be seeing them there too.

If we had Neil and K-os on the bill I'd go. I live about 1/2 an hour north of Molson Park/Park Place. You guys can all park at my house and we'll walk down. :P

since this is in conjunction with World Vision, I can wager a guess Daniel Lanois would play since last week at the show he was giving away his new album for free if you donated 15 dollars to World Vision...too bad it's not downtown...

Live 8 is not in conjunction with World Vision. It's not a fundraising pitch but an awareness-raising event.

World Vision IS one of a group of organizations (including mine) who are part of the Make Poverty History Campaign. What's confusing as hell is whether Live 8 and the Whiteband Campaign (worldwide entity, MPH is the Canadian arm of the campaign) are working separately or together.

Given they have the exact same aim of raising awareness about global poverty surely there's some partnering going on behind the scenes.

The spin the spin! She's out of control!

Shall we go to the show together Mister Mountain?

D'uh!!!!

If you're willing to drive in, OF COURSE!!! I thought I'd end up missing you on this trip. It looks like it's panning out nicely though for a visit with you. (Now the whole trip to Ontario seems worthwhile.)

Don't forget, The Herbaliser is also playing in Toronto on the 30th, in case you want to come in a couple days early.

Try to lasso that JP guy into leaving his reclusive home in Middle-of-Nowhere, Quebec to join us!

(I am so pleased to hear you're probably coming. In fact, if you're coming, I will definitely go to the show, without question; no matter what the lineup turns out to be. I'll also have a rental car, so I can handle the driving from my bro's place to the show and back, as I expect you'll want to imbibe some beverages, and you know I won't be.)

It'll be tight, sandwiched between Canaday and Mark Knopfler on the 3rd, but I'm into going pretty much regardless of the lineup. Timing is more the issue. As in, how early can I possibly rise after Canada Day versus what time it's worth getting to the show for, whilst factoring in time spent commuting from a to b (though b to a seems non-problematic).

Hahaha! No, I'm about 25 minutes up the 400 extension. However, I do have some stealth parking spots that are within walking distance (my office, for example). I'll definitely find you a place to put the car. ;)

Yay! This is exciting. How long will you be here for StoneMtn? Please tell me that Orillia won't be your home base...you poor bugger. :)

Naaaaah.

The 26th to the 29th in Muskoka (which means I miss Little Feat and it's driving me nuts; but luckily my girlfriend/fiancee keeps reminding me we have to be in Muskoka to see my mom for as long as we can...)

30th to 3rd in Toronto.

Wanna come see the Herbaliser in TO on the 30th?

Nice! I'm sure our paths will cross somewhere during your travels. Are you staying on Lake Muskoka? We could always have an East-skank-meets-West-skanks dinner at the cottage. :)

As for Herbaliser, I'd love to go, but I'm taking my cousin out for her birthday that night. We're going to be at the Living Well for Dirty Bingo with Shirley (the ugliest queen going). She wanted to see Bonobo though, so I'll see if I can talk her into going.

I may head up to "that other place" on the 1st if you guys are interested.

Okay, back on track here kids! :D If Live 8 is at Park Place and anyone's going, let me know and we can all meet up and hike on over together.