Jambands.ca

Live 8 in BARRIE

StoneMtn

Thanks Del.

I'm gonna lose it in the two hours between when tickets go on sale and my local TicketBastard outlet opens on Thursday.

(I'd rather buy them in person, than online, to have them in my hands when I head out of this province.)

I thought the tickets were free? Are they still going to be given out through ticketmaster.ca on Thursday?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim: I used a poor choice of words.

I won't be "buy"-ing tix. They are through the TicketBastard but they are free.

I just found the answer out for myself and you do have to answer a quiz question to get the tickets and there is a limit of two.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050621.wlive_206211/BNStory/National/

The Barrie site can hold 35,000 people. Concert goers will be limited to two tickets each. Tickets are free and will be available starting at 10 a.m. EDT Thursday from Ticketmaster's web site.

Those seeking tickets, however, will have to answer a quiz question.

Anyone know if they'll be available at the box offices? StoneMtn, I think I'll get them online and pick them up that afternoon. Either way, I got you guys covered. :D

I got my fingers crossed for Neil too. ;)

Edit to add: One rainy weekend at my cottage I had my best friend ask me every question in the classic version of Trivial Pursuit. My average was 78%...that's pretty damn good considering I know shit all about geography and I was drunk the whole time. :P Perhaps I'll have a Bouchard breakfast special tomorrow, just to sharpen up my mind. Hehehe!

I'll PM you if I have trouble with the trivia question. :blush: If it's math, we're screwed!

Edited by Guest

I'll PM you if I have trouble with the trivia question. If it's math, we're screwed!

If it's up to me to come up with the answer we may be double-screwed. I never much went in for that book-learnin'.

Well, maybe if it's a Schopenhauer or Kant question... :P

The planners and Park Place officails said that the venue will hold 70' date='000, which is where the number will be capped.

[/quote']

The organizer said 35,000 at the press conference...

I just watched Citytv news and they interviewed the manager of Park Place and the number they were talking about was 70,000.

The planners and Park Place officails said that the venue will hold 70' date='000, which is where the number will be capped.

[/quote']

The organizer said 35,000 at the press conference...

Everyone coming in must piggy-back someone else.

AD

Remember why they said it couldn't happen on Parlaiment Hill? 'Cuz the hill only holds 75,000 people. Bah, there was something else behind it.

It woulda been perfect. Stage already set up, camera towers and porta-potties already in place...

I just don't get it.

Quick question here,as I am not in the mood to read the whole thread and honestly this is my third time opening this thread.

I was under the impression it was a "lottery" to get tickets.Is this only for London then?

I was under the impression it was a "lottery" to get tickets.Is this only for London then?

Esau, there's no lottery. Just log into Ticketmaster at 10am on Thursday and tickets will be available... There is apparently a skill testing question involved but the tickets are free. Limit of two per person...