Jambands.ca

Anyone Lose a Budgie?

Douglas

Thanks anyways meggo, but I don't have a phobia about birds, they're just annoying and more stupid than cats (if that's possible...) I still say kill the motherfucker...

Wow.

Just when I thought that there weren't any more things out there for Del to hate...

Get some therapy. Seriously.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know how much of the above exchange from Del is joking.

I can't imagine, though, why a person would want to encourage another person to kill a harmless animal. To me, that is just disgusting.

I am giving Del the benefit of the doubt, though, and am willing to bet he wouldn't really want to see a bird killed for no reason. I think he is intentionally trying to stir up controversy, as it is just illogical for a person to encourage another to kill an animal that couldn't possibly infringe on that first person's life, and for that reason alone I just don't believe Del would actually sentence the bird to death if he really had the chance.

If I'm wrong about that, then I don't know what to say. I'll just never get that sort of thinking.

Of course I was joking... Not about hating birds or about how stupid cats are, but obviously about killing them...

Some people on this board (read hamilton) need to get out a little more and quit taking everything on this board so seriously...

I knew Del would come through for me. Although we haven't met in person, I was certain that he and I are not so completely different.

People are entitled to hate birds or think cats are stupid (I don't agree, but to each his/her own). It is at the point of suggesting cruelty or violence that I can't endorse such "free expression" of thought.

I am pleased to see Del agrees, as I was certain he would.

hahaha...funny, funny...Dels as big a softy as Lazlove!

Dell I haven't forgotten about your disgusting donair....and no veggies...mabey on the weekend dude....I actually have a note to self about it!

Budgies...oh man in highschool our house was a Budgie slaughter house! They just kept dying...till one night we found our cats....uhg no more Budgies after that...

Wasn't it Kurt Vonnegut who said birds are akin to swiss time peices?

I can't imagine, though, why a person would want to encourage another person to kill a harmless animal. To me, that is just disgusting.

I know you said animal, but what about sealife and insects? At what point can you draw the line? I still can't bring myself to boil a lobster to death, although I'll happily eat it. I have no problem putting the smackdown on a spider or fly, but there must be an insect that is big enough to cause a little compassion.

I know you said animal, but what about sealife and insects?

As far as eating animals goes, I have no problem with it. Personally, I don't eat mammals or poultry, and I feel a little bad about eating fish, but I see the utility in eating animals. No problem.

I absolutely won't, however, kill a bug in my house. Why should I? His life is important to him, as short as it may be. I always put bugs outside, or just leave them alone. (I also don't fish for recreation.)

I absolutely won't, however, kill a bug in my house. Why should I? His life is important to him, as short as it may be. I always put bugs outside, or just leave them alone.

I totaly agree -- though some would say "my house, my space, my 'right to protect it'..." you know the mentality I mean.

so then how to account for the crazy behaviour I saw today.....an old feller sitting on the steps outside of his house TWICE took off his shoe and smacked a bug into oblivion. Buddy!! Yer OUTSIDE on 'their' turf. Makes me sad and crazy-frustrated, just like when my dad would set fire to tent catepillar nests and pour salt into the ant hills between the patio stones.

• 10 months later...