Jambands.ca

Anyone Lose a Budgie?

Douglas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They CAn talk. I know two ppl that have had them and they can be Very Smart. Just don't get them A mirror..If ya do that It won't leave the Gul darg thing alone. I feel that the mirror could be somthing you get them in there later years when they get older And lone-some.

Steve French was smart. Right Del.. he is a cat, Smart cat that well whatever ya know what im talking about. and if ya say ya don't your just saying that Cuz all these ppl are lookng at what you write. I know you like animals its Just the Del in you thats trying to take over.. you will be ok Del.. Well get to gether some time and ill get us some Maudite Or how ever you spell it and gget Ripperd.

Steve French was smart. Right Del.. he is a cat, Smart cat that well whatever ya know what im talking about. and if ya say ya don't your just saying that Cuz all these ppl are lookng at what you write. I know you like animals its Just the Del in you thats trying to take over.. you will be ok Del.. Well get to gether some time and ill get us some Maudite Or how ever you spell it and gget Ripperd.

Who the hell is Steve French? It's just the Del in me that's trying to take over?

By the sounds of this post you are already quite Ripperd...

And for the record, I think La Maudite is a horrible beer. I drink Lucky Lager...

Alot of times bird owners are less then responsible when it comes to keeping doors and windows shut in the summer months and there little birds just fly right out. That is what I am guessing happened to your budgie. I think the best thing to do would be contact local pet stores and let them now you have found a budgie. They'll keep there ears open for any lost budgie talk. If you really wanted to find this guys home you coudl even make up posters and put them around your area. Also put one in teh lobby of your building as his owner may just be two flights of stairs down :)

THE CAT DEBATE:

I am the owner of two cats at the moment but have owned many growing up. Cats as well as dogs, cows, skunks, HUMANS all have differnt levels of intellegence based on teh individual. I've been teaching Monty and Murphy not to climb on the windowsills I keep my plants on by clapping and raising my voice. Monty sees me coming and jumps right down. Murphy half teh time I have to clap in his face and then throw him off the windowsill. Both started learning at teh same time and Monty is obviously the smarter of teh pair.

Hey now. Let's not assume some sweet little family is missing their dog and I did a horrible thing by keeping her.

I brought her to a freinds house last weekend and was told that they actually saw the dog with it's owners at the festival. The owners dropped it and were kicking it. They were drunken idiots who lost their dog from negligence and if they treated her the way I was told they did, they didn't deserve to have her in the first place.

Not to mention that Sunshine left her phone number with Izzy's and the local Humane Society. If they wanted her back they could have EASILY got in touch with us.

Abbey is a spoiled dog now. She has daily walks, wears an ID collar, has had her shots, is on a good diet, has her own sprinkler and tons of other toys, goes to the salon to get her nails done, loves car rides.... she's being treated as well as any dog could be. I don't feel bad for keeping her at all. I feel like we saved her, and we probably did.

What did you do with the bird Dougie?

"Abbey is a spoiled dog now. She has daily walks, wears an ID collar, has had her shots, is on a good diet, has her own sprinkler and tons of other toys, goes to the salon to get her nails done, loves car rides.... she's being treated as well as any dog could be."

thats one fancy bitch. that dog should feel right at home living ottawa. :P;);)

Abbey is a spoiled dog now. She has daily walks, wears an ID collar, has had her shots, is on a good diet, has her own sprinkler and tons of other toys, goes to the salon to get her nails done, loves car rides.... she's being treated as well as any dog could be. I don't feel bad for keeping her at all. I feel like we saved her, and we probably did.

meggo's testimonial:

i love doggies, and i can say that i haven't seen a happier (and sweeter!) dawg than miss abbey. you should get some footage of her with the sprinkler, sharon... priceless. :)

Abbey is a spoiled dog now. She has daily walks, wears an ID collar, has had her shots, is on a good diet, has her own sprinkler and tons of other toys, goes to the salon to get her nails done, loves car rides....

Didn't you also say she'd been riddled with fleas? If I were the vengeful sort I'd wish them on the doofuses who neglected her so badly - and worms (squirm).

Hey Lynn,

do you still have the budgie?

I was just talking to a guy at my work about you finding a budgy. He's the biggest budgy lover I've ever met.

He says you should call the Humane Society to report this...he'd go there first if he lost his budgie. Also, the owner could be living in your building, so post something in the lobby if you can.

Do you have a cage yet? Is he friendly? Is he eating? My co-worker says he's got a little rescue cage he could give you.

He'd love to take the bird if you don't keep it, but he already has a budgie who's sick with a contagious bird disease.

Anyway, if you decide to keep it, and need tips...I can give you my co-worker's phone number. This guys know everything about birds.

- Christine

I would have been happy to take her in for awhile until I found her home/a new home, but I'm sure all that would be left of her would be feathers after having spent the day with Sammy.

If I see her again this evening, I'll let you know. Thanks.