Jambands.ca

Shakedown Fest 8/26-8/27, Oregon

shakedown889

Howdy howdy fello festevarians. The summer is just around the corner and I’m ready to start my festival tour. I shall start with Yonder Mtn, in the Pacific NW, and end with that new Shakedown Fest in the NW as well. In fact, I’ll be spending the majority of my time at Horning’s Hideout. Horning’s is where the NWSS happens ever year. The Cheese does a three day show every year as well. The newest additions are the NW Reggae Fest and the Shakedown.

Shakedown’s happening on 8/26-8/27. The lineup includes… Michael Franti and Spearhead, Galactic, Medeski, Martin & Wood, Hydra featuring Mickey Hart & Particle, Soulive, Sage Francis, DJ Logic, Robert Walter's Super Heavy Organ, Skerik’s Syncopated Taint, Jerry Joseph and the Jackmormons, Benevento Russo Duo, The Big Wu, Global Funk, Green Lemon, Flowmotion, Big Island Shindig. As far as I know, Hydra doesn’t have anything booked all summer; this will be their only show.

It’s pretty impossible for a festival to not be able make it happen at the venue, as it is a pristine place for any summer gathering. It’s on private land and the owners refuse to let it get over crowded no matter what show is occurring. So this I can guarantee will be far from any commercialized Bonnaroo type of show you’ve ever been to. The venue has a lake that one can swim in, and boats you can ride around in. As well as places to set up camp all around it too. And traffic is no existent when arriving.

Best part is, the lineup stands as it is and tickets are under $100. This is for a limited time however, so get your ass moving; I think you have a week before the prices jump a little. I spoke with the promoters for this gig and the vacations are being offered for every ticket order (500 spots are left). This is first time I heard of a festival giving away free vacations with a ticket purchase…and it’s legit. The scoop is, you get 8 nights of hotel accommodations, and roundtrip cruise is included. I’m going to leave a link to the site for you kynd folks to check out.

Lastly…there will be one sick ass Shakedown Lane, so be ready.

http://www.shakedownfest.com/

http://www.horningshideout.com/default.php