Jambands.ca

The Shins Appreciation Page...

shainhouse

This is a bit of a coincidence.

I was in a pub on Friday and very cool music was playing. Someone at another table yelled to the bartender to find out who it was. "The Shins!" was the reply.

That's the first time I'd heard them, but dug 'em muchly, for sure.

• 3 months later...

i love so says i.

i remember watching garden state & thinking "wow, i really want to hear more of that band!"

natalie portman was right, they are the best. haha.

but yeah, that just went on the mental "to do" list and i all but forgot about them.

then, out of the blue one day, i saw this band performing on an old rerun of gilmore girls. (the episode where rory goes on spring break -- the shins are playing at the club they go drinking at). well, that was it, i was like "who is THIS? i *have* to find out, i freaking love this song (so says i), they are amazing!!!!!!". and what do you know, it was the shins!

btw, during that SAME gilmore girls episode, a ween song is played (it's gonna be a long night is playing when they arrive at the resort). um hello, like i needed another reason to convince myself that gilmore girls is only the most awesome show ever!

anyway, back to the shins.

THEY ROCK!

and i really, really hope i get to seem them live someday. they are apparently working on their next album. and all you lucky vegoose fuckers are gonna get to see them. AND ween. gad!

Edited by Guest
left something out, okay?! do you have a freaking problem with that?! mwa mwa love to you