Rob Frayne - keys

Mike Tremblay - sax

Mike Milligan - bass

Bruce Wittet - drums

Friday June 24 at 12:00pm (noon)

Lunchtime Jazz Series - World Exchange Plaza

(Metcalfe between Queen & Albert)

Free Admission

Paying homage to the music of late-sixties, early-seventies era Miles Davis, THE BITCHES BREW TRIBUTE BAND performs selections from such seminal recordings as In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew, and A Tribute to Jack Johnson. Long considered significant milestones in the history of improvised music, these recordings mix a variety of styles from r&b and free jazz to atmospheric and world music textures. The impact of these Miles Davis sessions is apparent in the funk, hip-hop, psychedelic, jam-band and contemporary jazz music released since the early-seventies.

By the way, conflicting with this gig is the Mike Essoudry group, who are doing a free show at the same time in Confederation Park. I highly recommend either show.

Back in the 1990s, before I got into (or even knew about) the jamband scene, Bitches Brew was an act I always tried to get out and see (often at The Cave). Having also seen a few jazz fest shows at the World Exchange Plaza, I heartily recommend this show to anyone who's downtown 'round that lunchtime.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

If these are the same guys that played The Bayou about two years ago, then I would recommend them as well. Definitely a fun jazz show.