Jambands.ca

SkankBall

Velvet

Okay kids, I took the bull by the horns, and here's the deal:

Concerning the two baseball diamonds near my place (officially the park is part of Lansdowne, but physically it isn't. It's at 5th and O'Connor, near the canal), they are booked solid all summer on weeknights, but from 6pm-10pm on any Saturday or Sunday from now until the end of July they're available, at no cost.

So I figure we try and get about 18 or so people together to play. Who's in, and what would be your ideal date to play (or what date can you not play?)

And for future reference, when picking teams, please don't pick me last.

sigh

is it baseball or kickball? i love kickball.

my saturdays and sundays will mostly be spent at various cottages if my plans hold, but i'd be down for a game sometime... i'll let you guys fight over a date and stuff though.

ad

I think you should have a rule that right-handed batters run the bases clockwise, and left-handed batters run counter-clockwise. Batters going in opposite directions can pass each other, but no two batters can occupy the same base. If two batters are going for home at the same time, and the ball gets there before either of them, they're both out (which would also require the catcher to chug two beers).

Aloha,

Brad

I think you should have a rule that right-handed batters run the bases clockwise, and left-handed batters run counter-clockwise. Batters going in opposite directions can pass each other, but no two batters can occupy the same base. If two batters are going for home at the same time, and the ball gets there before either of them, they're both out (which would also require the catcher to chug two beers).

Aloha,

Brad

Great ideas, I'm definitely in now!

AD

As for the beer thing, it's a public park, and frankly one that is quite heavily frequented by families and children. Drinking beer would be illigal, offensive, potentially dangerous, and a bad influence. I'm in.

Excellent idea on the base running there Bradm, and I suggest you draw it up and send it to the baseball commissioner, because with the exception of baserunners and shortstops being able to check, we're playing by the book.

Playing ability is optional, and if you don't think you'd be cery good, I suggest you play anyway. It's baseball for crying out loud! You just stand around most of the time!

July 2 is out for me, and while I concede that doing it during Blues Fest would increase attendance options, it would also involve missing either Dan Lanois, K-OS, New York Dolls or John Prine, without even checking the other stages.

Being totally selfish, I propose the date of Saturday, July 23rd, with a rain date set for the 24th.

So, how's that? (sorry guigs.)

Let me add that I could certainly be convinced to miss the New York Dolls for a game. (how's that guigs?)

Guest Low Roller

Man.... Too bad that your Skank all-star outfielder and power hitter is off in Europe right now.

Maybe you can get old-man Booche to dust off his cup and join in for a game or two?

Sorry folks. I'll be away the weekend of July 22nd - 23rd. But don't let that stop the rest of you from playing!

Yeah, that's the weekend of Hillside. Oh well, if it happens later on in the summer I'll be there for round 2!

AD