Jambands.ca

QOTD: Last Movie Played in Your DVD/VCR

\/\/illy

"The 25th hour" I'm fifty-fifty on this movie. It is Spike Lee so it is shot well, shot interesting but despite having a great plot (based on a novel) this is Spike's Sept 11 movie. Great supporting cast but I was less impressed by Edward Norton. Come to think of it, I'm getting less impressed by Edward Norton with every movie I watch him in. He starts with that awesome performance in that Richard Gere film (name escapes me), American History X, Fight Club, but from there? Death to Smoochie?Red Dragon? This isn't bad but he needs a new agent or something.

Avoid at all costs: "Full Frontal" Soderburgh, what were you thnking?

Big screen to small screen plug: I checked out "Laurel Canyon" at a rep. theatre recently. It's probably between theatre and video but when it comes out, see it at all costs. A son and his girlfriend moves back in with a Sheryl Crow type rock producer Mom (played amazingly by Francis McDetermoid [sp]). Dramatic, funny, with not so bad music. It's one of the best I've seen this year.

Yes yes to Spirited Away (and the getting lit before seeing it recommendation) and Adaptation. Both are must sees in my book.

The last movie playing in my DVD/VCR was David Lynch's Mulholland Drive, which was fantastic yet again. Keep in mind it's a Lynch movie though, so if you don't like weird, well, you'll think it's just weird.

I watched Good Will Hunting for the 8 billionth time. Heart wrenching scene, the scene where Matt Damon and Robin Williams talk about how there fathers used to beat the crap out of them :

"My foster father used to put a belt, a stick and a wrench on the bed and say, take your pick."

"I'd have to take the belt, big guy."

"I'd always pick the wrench."

"Why the wrench?"

"Because fuck him, that's why."

Other than that, it's been a bunch of wrestling tapes I've been dubbing for a trade with one of my friends in the States.

Rob Not Bob

i just watched nat'l security tonight, my lil sis rented it.

crap

dont waste your time, its martin lawrence and some dude ive seen in a few other films, not funny at all, its garbola.

cant remember the last good movie i saw. the ring wasnt too bad

as for dvd i watched bittersweet, the only dvd i own a few months ago

quote:

Originally posted by Ms.Huxtable:

Bouche and I watched the Matrix last night in anticipation for us going to see part two tonight.

I popped open the DVD player to put in the new Zeppelin DVD and found the Matrix ... I guess that is what I watched last on DVD (Good Will Hunting was on VHS). I feel really sorry for Joey Pants (Joe "Cypher" Pantoliano) ... he seems in real life to be a decent guy, but based solely on his characters in The Matrix, Memento and The Sopranos I just know that if I met him in real life my first reaction would be to punch him in the back of the head.

Rob Not Bob

not normally prone to fits of violence

Archived