Jambands.ca

Cowbells on Q107

Paan

... this is for those of you who enjoyed that SNL skit about the cowbell...

This weekend, Q107 is featuring songs with cowbells in honor of that skit.

Finally they came up with something a little more orginal than Led Zepplin A to Z weekends.

I'm gonna be smirking everytime I hear one of those songs.

I actually listen to Q107 when I rarely listen to the radio and i'm glad there stepping away from the 20 Zepplin and Floyd songs they play on the weekend daily. Well I guess any day. I say play some Stone Free- Hendrix. Well I bet they over play that one too don't they?

I was listening to the Q for a few minutes while out at lunch yesterday and the DJ (possibly Joanne Wilder or Kella) was bragging about how they'd gone a whole hour without playing any Zeppelin. *eye rolling*

Can someone explain this to me? How come some people never tire of hearing Whole Lotta Love on a daily basis? I have no problems with LZ, but I imagine even the biggest fan wants to hear a variety. Why can't they go back to playing Black Betty on the hour? :P

I've long ago grown tired of Zeppelin II and IV, but quite enjoy the songs on those masterpiece albums done live. Why won't The Q play more live tracks? I'll tell you why. They won't play live tracks because people ( the masses, advertisers and record company execs ) prefer studio tracks.