Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

Nice Dr! I gotta hear that sometime.

I'm dealing with "office-friendly" radio. :crazy:

Walking On the Moon - The Police

Nothing wrong with that tune, but I have to admit to being a little jealous of the above selections.

I haven't thought about Temple of the Dog in YEARS! Hmmm, I'm gonna dig out my tape tonight. LOL

Currently a gem I found in my cassettes.....

The Planet Earth Rock and Roll Orchestra

Wally Heider’s Studio

[color:purple]Wait a minute. You're saying they play Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog? Maybe I read that wrong. Could someone clarify please?

Thank you.

After a morning of blood work & doctors poking around on me with needles..a laugh was required & that got it.

I've just finished listening to Joel Plaskett's album La De Da for the first time.. Initial response: sounds pretty good' date=' but not his best work.

[/quote']

hey dude.. im real curious which of his solo stuff you like better? personally, this is my favourite of anything he's done since clayton park.. not that i dislike anything else in the least, i just really like this one better than the last 2 emergency discs, and, mmmmmm, well, i really love in need of medical attention as well, but i think i'd give this one the nod...

I do enjoy Joel Plaskett but I'm definitely not very well informed on his catalogue on albums and songs.. I hear songs here and there but I don't have any and don't know one from the other. (although I'd like to be further exposed). Alls I know is the songs I heard didn't stick out to me like other Plaskett songs I've heard in the past... That said, first-listens in general very rarely grab me too tightly.

The Silverhearts' rendition of the entirety of Waits' Rain Dogs. Mmm mmm good.

Nice, where did you get that? Is it a live version?

I'm now listening to some mix that was made for Dave & Lara's wedding.. Features Steve Kimock, The Slip, Paul Simon, Flaming Lips, not sure what else.. And it has lovely art work on the cover of it.

Mooose's collection is a goldmine! (moose, the plants are healthy and that hanging one is starting to bloom with little orange-pink flowers).

I do enjoy Joel Plaskett but I'm definitely not very well informed on his catalogue on albums and songs.. I hear songs here and there but I don't have any and don't know one from the other. (although I'd like to be further exposed). Alls I know is the songs I heard didn't stick out to me like other Plaskett songs I've heard in the past...

KevO, you've gotta pick up La De Da and give it a good listen. The first time Guigs played it for me, I was in love with it. I think, as a whole, it'll always be one of my favourite albums. A lot of the songs have a very similar sound, but Truth Be Told, Nina and Albert and others do stand out as well. I've had that album on for months and months and I don't think I'll ever get sick of Natural Disaster. Some previous albums may have had more catchy tracks, but as a whole La De Da kicks them all in the junk.