Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

http://bit.ly/jHfHi5

coverku.jpg

Revelator is the long-awaited, song-oriented debut album by the husband-wife team of singer/guitarist Susan Tedeschi and guitarist Derek Trucks. Filled with smoky, blues-dipped rockers and heart-stilling ballads that show off, respectively, the gutsier and softer side of Tedeschi’s vocal ability, plus a series of emotive, story-telling solos shaped by Trucks’s uncanny agility on slide-guitar, Revelator also serves to introduce the couple s new, 11-piece ensemble Tedeschi Trucks Band.

A dramatic leap forward for two of the music world’s most dynamic performers, Revelator is a confident yet unforced triumph offering a cohesive vision: an idyllic, musical world in which the echoes of so many great traditions Delta blues and Memphis soul, Sixties rock and Seventies funk organically flow together, blending with an entirely original, modern sensibility.

In addition to the combined weight of Tedeschi and Trucks’s equally renowned abilities, Revelator benefits from an impressive circle of talent that the two brought together. Trucks co-produced the album with multi-Grammy-winning engineer Jim Scott, whose genre-bending credits include popular albums by the Dixie Chicks, Johnny Cash, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Both Tedeschi and Trucks co-wrote the album’s twelve new songs with an impressive list of experienced songwriters, including Jeff Trott, John Leventhal, David Ryan Harris and Sonya Kitchell; Gary Louris and Oliver Wood of the Jayhawks and the Wood Brothers, respectively; and old friends like guitarists Doyle Bramhall II and Eric Krasno (of Soulive), and band members Mike Mattison, Kofi Burbridge and Oteil Burbridge.

Most notably, Revelator features the newly formed Tedeschi Trucks Band, an eleven-member ensemble overflowing with talent and musical familiarity. Brothers Oteil Burbridge (noted for his years as bassist with the Allman Brothers Band) and Kofi Burbridge (longtime keyboardist/flutist with The Derek Trucks Band) have joined forces with a pair of drummers J. J. Johnson and Tyler Greenwell, trumpeter Maurice Brown, tenor saxophonist Kebbi Williams, trombonist Saunders Sermons, and harmony singers Mark Rivers and Mike Mattison. (Additionally, Ryan Shaw and David Ryan Harris supplied harmony vocals to various tracks on the album, and Alam Khan adds his masterful sarod playing to “These Wallsâ€.) The fact that this aggregation includes so many musicians related by experience and blood clearly adds to the notion of Revelator as a true group album, the product of a musical family. - amazon.com

mp3@320

Tracklist:

01. Come See About Me

02. Don’t Let Me Slide

03. Midnight In Harlem

04. Bound For Glory

05. Simple Things

06. Until You Remember

07. Ball And Chain

08. These Walls

09. Learn How To Love

10. Easy Way Out

11. Love Has Something Else To Say

12. Shelter

http://bit.ly/jHfHi5

http://bit.ly/mgWofu

This album is fantastic. I had never heard of this collaboration and it has some serious balls. If you like your Zep/Purp/Crowes/Sabbath/etc. you'll probably dig this:

Black Country Communion - Black Country

tumblr_lm2f3uWUvO1qjoyjs.jpg

Black Country Communion is a devastating head-on collision between American and British rock influences a true supergroup that delivers a titanic rock experience greater than the sum of its supremely talented parts. The brainchild of producer Kevin Shirley (Black Crowes, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin), the band combines the rock lineage and forces of legendary frontman and bass guitarist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Trapeze), master blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa, powerhouse drummer Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin, Foreigner) and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper). Named after the industrial area in Britain where both Hughes and Bonham were born and raised, Black Country Communion began rehearsing and recording tracks written by both Hughes and Bonamassa at Shangri-La Studios in early 2010.

All songs are sung by Hughes, with the exception of Song Of Yesterday and The Revolution In Me, which are both sung by Bonamassa. The two singers share vocals on Sista Jane and Too Late For The Sun. Also included is a new version of Medusa, the rock classic Hughes originally recorded with his first band, Trapeze.

01. Black Country

02. One Last Soul

03. The Great Divide

04. Down Again

05. Beggarman

06. Song of Yesterday

07. No Time

08. Medusa

09. The Revolution in Me

10. Stand (At the Burning Tree)

11. Sista Jane

12. Too Late For the Sun

* Glenn Hughes - lead vocals, bass

* Joe Bonamassa - guitars, backing vocals, lead vocals on “Song of Yesterday†and “The Revolution in Meâ€, co-lead vocals on “Sista Jane†and “Too Late for the Sunâ€

* Jason Bonham - drums, percussion

* Derek Sherinian - keyboards

http://bit.ly/mgWofu

http://bit.ly/kQqmGG

1307615298_folder.jpg

Neil Young - A Treasure

The 12-track live album A Treasure includes songs recorded during Young’s 1984-1985 U.S. tour and contains five previously unreleased songs. Among those, “Grey Riders†will be the first track serviced to radio. A Treasure features Young’s onstage work with some of the greatest artists in the history of country music, including the late, great Ben Keith on steel and slide guitar and Rufus Thibodeaux on fiddle, along with living legends Spooner Oldham and Hargus “Pig†Robbins on piano, Tim Drummond and Joe Allen on bass, Karl Himmel on drums, Anthony Crawford on guitar, banjo and mandolin among many others. A Treasure is Young’s first release since last year’s Grammy- and Juno Award-winning album, Le Noise.

The live album captures this iconic artist during a fascinating time in his career, when he was facing criticism and lawsuits from his then current record company for exploring a more traditionally country sound. “You can call me erratic,†Young said when asked at the time about his tendency toward musical shape-shifting, “but I’ve been consistent about it, consistently erratic.†Always celebrated for his musical versatility, A Treasure, is akin to a sonic time capsule, instantly transporting the listener to the time and place when it was made. “I love this record,†Young says. “I hadn’t heard these takes in 25 years, but when we unearthed them co-producer Ben Keith said, ‘This is a treasure.’â€

Part of what makes A Treasure so compelling is the musical contributions of The International Harvesters, with whom Young was playing at the time. Many of them were already paragons within the country music world and their notoriety has only grown in the years since. “I just love to hear those guys,†Young says. “They’re all country music legends.†Those behind the scenes also made significant contributions to A Treasure’s sonic potency. Tim Mulligan mixed and mastered the tracks. At the time these songs were recorded, Bob Sterne was the tour manager, Tim Foster ran the stage, and Larry Cragg was in charge of the band’s instruments.

A Treasure will be released in several formats, including standard CD, vinyl, digital download with and without videos, and as a deluxe CD/Blu-Ray package. The Blu-Ray version will feature a curated selection of video that lends context and imagistic power to the tracks. “I like to look at these old live videos and listen to what I think are the best versions of these songs,†Young says. “It’s fun to see what we looked like when we were playing it then.â€

mp3@320

Tracklist*1. Amber Jean (9/20/84) Nashville Now TV - Nashville, TN

2. Are You Ready For The Country? (9/21/84) Riverbend Music Center - Cincinnati, OH

*3. It Might Have Been (9/25/84) Austin City Limits TV - Austin, Texas

4. Bound For Glory (9/29/84) Gilleys’s Rodeo Arena - Pasadena, TX

*5. Let Your Fingers Do The Walking (10/22/84) Universal Amphitheater - Universal City, CA

6. Flying On The Ground Is Wrong (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA

7. Motor City (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA

*8. Soul Of A Woman (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA

9. Get Back To The Country (10/26/84) Greek Theater - Berkeley, CA

10. Southern Pacific (9/1/85) Minnesota State Fair - St. Paul, MN

*11. Nothing Is Perfect (9/1/85) Minnesota State Fair - St. Paul, MN

*12. Grey Riders (9/10/85) Pier 84 - New York City, NY

* Denotes Previously Unreleased Track

http://bit.ly/kQqmGG

Edited by Guest

http://bit.ly/j5ltH1

tumblr_lmsi62ggyl1qjoyjs.jpg

Grateful Dead - Vintage Dead

Vintage Dead is a live album recorded at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco, California in the autumn of 1966, and released in October 1970.

Vintage Dead was produced without the approval or cooperation of the Grateful Dead. However, it is a legal recording, not a bootleg. It was released on the Sunflower Records label, a subsidiary of MGM Records, and reached number 127 on the Billboard 200. Produced as a vinyl LP and long out of print, it has not been released as a CD.

Vintage Dead was followed by another Sunflower Records album recorded at the Avalon in 1966, Historic Dead.

Jerry Garcia – lead guitar, vocals

Bob Weir – rhythm guitar, vocals

Ron “Pigpen†McKernan – organ, harmonica, vocals

Phil Lesh – bass, vocals

Bill Kreutzmann – drums

mp3@320

Tracklist

1 “I Know You Rider†(traditional) – 4:25

2 “It Hurts Me Too†(Elmore James) – 4:17

3 “It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue†(Bob Dylan) – 4:50

4 “Dancing in the Street†(William “Mickey†Stevenson, Marvin Gaye, Ivy Jo Hunter) – 7:55

5 “In the Midnight Hour†(Steve Cropper, Wilson Pickett) – 18:23

http://bit.ly/j5ltH1

http://bit.ly/lWspe9

tumblr_lmshrtHrXw1qjoyjs.jpg

Grateful Dead - Historic Dead

Historic Dead is a live album recorded at the Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco, California in the autumn of 1966, and released in June 1971.

Historic Dead was produced as a vinyl LP on the Sunflower Records label and distributed by MGM Records. Sunflower had purchased the rights to a number of concert recordings from the Avalon, including some by the Grateful Dead.Historic Dead is therefore not a bootleg album. However, the band did not participate in its production. The album reached number 154 on the Billboard 200. It has long been out of print, and has never been issued on CD.

Historic Dead was preceded by another Sunflower Records album recorded at the Avalon in 1966, Vintage Dead.

Jerry Garcia – lead guitar, vocals

Bob Weir – rhythm guitar, vocals

Ron “Pigpen†McKernan – organ, harmonica, vocals

Phil Lesh – bass, vocals

Bill Kreutzmann – drums

mp3@320

Tracklist

1 “Good Morning Little Schoolgirl†(Sonny Boy Williamson) – 11:01

2 “Lindy†(Will Shade, Jab Jones) – 2:49

3 “Stealin’†(Will Shade, Gus Cannon) – 3:00

4 “The Same Thing†(Willie Dixon) – 12:01

http://bit.ly/lWspe9

This is f'in hot!

http://bit.ly/jo3u0o

tumblr_lmu0z6FeS61qjoyjs.jpg

Warren Haynes & Gregg Allman - Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Acoustic (2006)

Once in a lifetime! Pre-Mule set, those in attendance at Red Rocks tonight were treated to an unbelievable set of acoustic music from Gregg Allman and Warren Haynes. “Rare†does not aptly describe this night, nor does brilliant, moving, soulful; or any other adjective one can conjure. Midnight Rider was the first dish served and was followed by Come & Go Blues. Old Before My Time and Come On In To My Kitchen both raised the hair on the back of my neck as well as many others’ too. Beautiful in its simplicity and stirring in its power, this set is truly one of the highlights of both Messrs, Haynes’ and Allman’s career.

Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO, September 02, 2006

mp3@320

Tracklist:

01. Midnight Rider

02. Come And Go Blues

03. Old Before My Time

04. Come On Into My Kitchen

05. These Days

06. Soulshine

07. Melissa

http://bit.ly/jo3u0o