04 Shooting Star

05 God Knows

06 In The Garden

07 Like A Rolling Stone

08 Blowin' In The Wind

09 All Along The Watchtower

(Total Time 39:02)

Guest Low Roller

I'm taking Kev's spot here, but this. Hol-e fuck.

tumblr_inline_mh8w65YRAt1qz4rgp.jpg

Trey Anastasio Band

2013-01-18

Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON

Tracklist

Set I:

Cayman Review (6:26)

Alive Again (8:59)

The Land Of Nod (4:34)

Ooh Child (6:15)

Spin (4:15)

Tube Top Flop (3:33)

Last Tube (9:15)

Frost (6:22)

Burlap Sack and Pumps (6:58)

Shine (6:56)

Scabbard (6:07)

Valentine (8:07)

First Tube (6:58)

Set II:

Money, Love and Change (10:24)

Pigtail (5:54)

Gotta Jibboo (10:20)

Let Me Lie (5:38)

Night Speaks To A Woman (9:24)

Small Axe (3:33)

Drifting (5:59)

Goodbye Head (7:14)

Architect (7:30)

Sand (10:51)

Clint Eastwood (4:52)

Push On ‘Til The Day (11:10)

Encore:

At the Gazebo (4:53)

Sultans of Swing (6:34)

http://bit.ly/XtEAYM

tumblr_inline_mhk1x4ILG91qz4rgp.jpg

Norah Jones - Covers

At the eve of 2013, Norah Jones quietly released a covers album simply called Covers, available exclusively at Target stores, featuring 10 tracks that she had recorded over the past ten years. These songs sit firmly in the corner of her earlier work, with arrangements featuring mostly sparse instrumentation: pianos, acoustic guitars, upright bass, drums, and the occasional accordion or steel guitar flourish. My newfound adult sensibility quite enjoyed listening to these songs while sipping a glass of chianti and cooking dinner–damn, I am turning into my parents, somebody help me! But the real strength on these tracks, as on all of Jones’s work, is her smooth rasp of a singing voice. She nimbly shapes herself to the songs, which makes her the best covers artist this side of Cat Power. And unlike Cat Power, you can still recognize the song she’s paying homage to even as she makes each uniquely her own. The clipped guitar rhythm’s of Wilco’s “Jesus, etc.†remains on her version, lending it just the right amount of urgency and melancholic desperation that just about any Jeff Tweedy song deserves. And then there’s the constant guitar chugging of Johnny Cash’s “Cry, Cry, Cry†and the tinkling jazz piano of Horace Silver’s “Peace.†Of course, not every song works, like Willie Nelson’s “Hands on the Wheel,†which suffers more from M. Ward’s presence than anything else. Like all of Ward’s work, it’s not really bad per se, it’s just kind of boring and inconsequential. Nevertheless, the album flows better than most covers compilations and provided an interesting glimpse into where Jones musical sensibilities come from. - Michael Carlos

mp3@320

Tracklist

1. Sleepless Nights (The Everly Brothers)

2. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob Dylan)

3. Jesus, Etc. (Wilco)

4. Sweet Dreams (Patsy Cline)

5. Cry! Cry! Cry! (Johnny Cash)

6. Picture in a Frame (Tom Waits)

7. Hands on the Wheel (with M. Ward) (Willie Nelson)

8. She (Gram Parsons)

9. My Blue Heaven (Fats Domino)

10. Peace (Horace Silver)

tumblr_inline_mhk1x4ILG91qz4rgp.jpg

Norah Jones - Covers

At the eve of 2013, Norah Jones quietly released a covers album simply called Covers, available exclusively at Target stores, featuring 10 tracks that she had recorded over the past ten years. These songs sit firmly in the corner of her earlier work, with arrangements featuring mostly sparse instrumentation: pianos, acoustic guitars, upright bass, drums, and the occasional accordion or steel guitar flourish. My newfound adult sensibility quite enjoyed listening to these songs while sipping a glass of chianti and cooking dinner–damn, I am turning into my parents, somebody help me! But the real strength on these tracks, as on all of Jones’s work, is her smooth rasp of a singing voice. She nimbly shapes herself to the songs, which makes her the best covers artist this side of Cat Power. And unlike Cat Power, you can still recognize the song she’s paying homage to even as she makes each uniquely her own. The clipped guitar rhythm’s of Wilco’s “Jesus, etc.†remains on her version, lending it just the right amount of urgency and melancholic desperation that just about any Jeff Tweedy song deserves. And then there’s the constant guitar chugging of Johnny Cash’s “Cry, Cry, Cry†and the tinkling jazz piano of Horace Silver’s “Peace.†Of course, not every song works, like Willie Nelson’s “Hands on the Wheel,†which suffers more from M. Ward’s presence than anything else. Like all of Ward’s work, it’s not really bad per se, it’s just kind of boring and inconsequential. Nevertheless, the album flows better than most covers compilations and provided an interesting glimpse into where Jones musical sensibilities come from. - Michael Carlos

mp3@320

Tracklist

1. Sleepless Nights (The Everly Brothers)

2. I’ll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob Dylan)

3. Jesus, Etc. (Wilco)

4. Sweet Dreams (Patsy Cline)

5. Cry! Cry! Cry! (Johnny Cash)

6. Picture in a Frame (Tom Waits)

7. Hands on the Wheel (with M. Ward) (Willie Nelson)

8. She (Gram Parsons)

9. My Blue Heaven (Fats Domino)

10. Peace (Horace Silver)

I'm surprised her cover of The Kinks "Strangers" isn't on there. I think that's the best cover she does.

How sweet it is ....

http://bit.ly/WK8kTF

tumblr_inline_mhpfu7U8uM1qz4rgp.jpg

Jerry Garcia - GarciaLive Vol. 01 - 1980-03-01

The first release from the newly-launched Garcia Live series features a recording from the historic Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey on March 1, 1980. The band performed an early and a late show on this evening, as was common at the time. The shows were originally multi-tracked on a 24-track mobile rig for WNEW’s broadcast of the early show.

The band, which included Garcia on guitar and vocals, partner in crime John Kahn on bass, Ozzie Ahlers on Keys and Johnny de Foncesca on drums at the time, was wrapping up a three-week East Coast run with the performances on this evening. Highlights including a take on the Jimmie Rodgers penned rave-up, “That’s All Right,†an early show encore of “Deal†and a rollicking version of “That’s What Love Will Make You Do†show Jerry and the band loose and fluid at the end of the tour.

mp3@320

Tracklist

Early Show:

Sugaree

Catfish John

How Sweet It Is

Simple Twist of Fate

Sitting in Limbo >

That’s All Right

Deal

Late Show:

Mission in the Rain

That’s What Love Will Make You Do

Russian Lullaby

Tiger Rose (w/ Robert Hunter)

The Harder They Come

Promontory Rider (w/ Robert Hunter)

Midnight Moonlight

E: Dear Prudence

Lineup:

Jerry Garcia - Guitar/Vocals

John Kahn - Bass

Ozzie Ahlers - Keyboards

Johnny de Foncesca - Drums

http://bit.ly/WK8kTF

http://bit.ly/YPda4Q

tumblr_inline_mhppaxeYcc1qz4rgp.jpg

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (35th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition)

Fleetwood Mac’s nightly recording sessions in a cramped, windowless studio were fueled by booze and cocaine. The band’s complex romances left every member heartbroken. Shouting matches lasted longer than the songs.

Today, 35 years on, an anniversary box set of “Rumours†shows how the musical cocktail of two women and three men was shaken and stirred by their romantic splits. Newly released material shows the tracks getting endlessly reworked and improved as they squabbled.

It was a “crucifyingly difficult†process, drummer Mick Fleetwood notes. He was going through a divorce, with his wife dating his best friend. He never imagined the chaos would lead to a 40-million-selling LP: the best of 1977, according to theGrammy judges, and one of the finest efforts of the 1970s, maybe even of all time.

The American couple in the band added a pop edge to British blues. Californian Lindsey Buckingham had been inseparable from his singer girlfriend Stevie Nicks for five years. When Fleetwood asked him to join, Buckingham insisted she be included too. Now they were all arguing, and the frustrated guitarist started writing a bitter rant called “Strummer.â€

On the box set, we hear how this evolved from a simple acoustic demo into a Celtic rag and finally a sleek piece of disco with hints of the Bee Gees, retitled “Second Hand News.†There’s a percussive roll which, it now turns out, was made by bashing an old Naughahyde chair near the mixing desk.

Romantic Links

Buckingham throws the opening words at his ex: “I know there’s nothing to say, someone has taken my place.†(Nicks was romantically linked to Don Henley of the Eagles, then Fleetwood himself.)

Her own breakup lyric “Dreams†is a swift rejoinder: “Now here you go again, you say you want your freedom.†The song’s first mix, nowhere near so radio-friendly, puts her voice starkly to the fore and buries its optimism.

This creative jousting inevitably leads to Buckingham replying, bluntly inviting her to “Go Your Own Way†because he was “Never Going Back Again.â€

The band’s other couple, the McVies, were walking from the wreckage of an eight-year marriage. They were on such bad terms that they would only speak about music.

Christine McVie defiantly shows how she’s moved on with “Don’t Stop†about her on-tour romance with the band’s lighting director. “You Making Loving Fun†tells her husband that her new flame is much better.

Tender Songbird

Coproducer Ken Caillat recalls how huge rows in the Sausalito, California studio would be followed minutes later by the composition of sweet harmonies. He deserves credit for singling out the most tender ballad, “Songbird,†and taking it somewhere else — more precisely, to the Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley, which had the right acoustic and a Steinway piano.

The younger Nicks had the tougher words, but McVie is outstanding with her performance here: “And I love you, I love you, I love you, like never before, like never before.â€

When the LP came out, I was a very young punk bassist and hated it, of course. This expensively produced, sentimental mush was exactly the stuff we were rebelling against. Just a few years on and I got it. “Songbird†now moves me every time. The record’s soft rock has echoes in acts such as Sting, Heart, Kelly Clarkson and Neko Case, to name just four.

The creative madness which had threatened to sink records as varied as “Exile on Main Street,†“Pet Sounds†and “Station to Station†again resulted in an act coming out with its best. Miracles do happen. As the lyric has it, “thunder only happens when it’s raining.â€

The album is available on Warner as a remaster; a 3-CD version including the original album, bonus tracks and live material ($16); and a box with further outtakes, a DVD and a vinyl LP ($86). Rating: ***** for the shorter versions; *** for the large box because it’s too much for all but the most dedicated fans. - Mark Beech

mp3@v0

Tracklist:

Rumours

01 - Second Hand News.mp3

02 - Dreams.mp3

03 - Never Going Back Again.mp3

04 - Don’t Stop.mp3

05 - Go Your Own Way.mp3

06 - Songbird.mp3

07 - The Chain.mp3

08 - You Make Loving Fun.mp3

09 - I Don’t Want To Know.mp3

10 - Oh Daddy.mp3

11 - Gold Dust Woman.mp3

12 - Silver Springs.mp3

Live 1977

13 - Intro (Live).mp3

14 - Monday Morning (Live).mp3

15 - Dreams (Live).mp3

16 - Don’t Stop (Live).mp3

17 - The Chain (Live).mp3

18 - Oh Daddy (Live).mp3

19 - Rhiannon (Live).mp3

20 - Never Going Back Again (Live).mp3

21 - Gold Dust Woman (Live).mp3

22 - World Turning (Live).mp3

23 - Go Your Own Way (Live).mp3

24 - Songbird (Live).mp3

Outtakes and Demos

25 - Second Hand News (Early Take).mp3

26 - Dreams (Take 2).mp3

27 - Never Going Back Again (Acoustic Duet).mp3

28 - Go Your Own Way (Early Take).mp3

29 - Songbird (Demo).mp3

30 - Songbird (Instrumental , Take 10).mp3

31 - I Don’t Want To Know (Early Take).mp3

32 - Keep Me There (Instrumental).mp3

33 - The Chain (Demo).mp3

34 - Keep Me There (With Vocal).mp3

35 - Gold Dust Woman (Early Take).mp3

36 - Oh Daddy (Early Take).mp3

37 - Silver Springs (Early Take).mp3

38 - Planets Of The Universe (Demo).mp3

39 - Doesn’t Anything Last (Early Take).mp3

40 - Never Going Back Again ((Instrumental).mp3

41 - Second Hand News (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

42 - Dreams (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

43 - Brushes (Never Going Back Again) [sessions, Roughs & Outtakes].mp3

44 - Don’t Stop (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

45 - Go Your Own Way (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

46 - Songbird (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

47 - Silver Springs (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

48 - You Make Loving Fun (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

49 - Gold Dust Woman #1 (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

50 - Oh Daddy (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

51 - Think About It (Sessions, Roughs & Outtakes).mp3

52 - Never Going Back Again (Early Demo).mp3

53 - Planets Of The Universe (Early Demo).mp3

54 - Butter Cookie (Keep Me There) (Early Demo).mp3

55 - Gold Dust Woman (Early Demo).mp3

56 - Doesn’t Anything Last (Early Demo).mp3

57 - Mic The Screecher (Jam Sessions).mp3

58 - For Duster (The Blues) [Jam Sessions].mp3

http://bit.ly/YPda4Q

http://bit.ly/WwVW9R

tumblr_inline_mhv1ythkgg1qz4rgp.jpg

Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble - Texas Flood [Legacy Edition 2013]

Texas Flood is the debut album of American blues rock band Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, released on June 13, 1983 by Epic Records. The album was named after a cover featured on the album “Texas Flood,†recorded by blues singer Larry Davis in 1958. Produced by the band and recording engineer Richard Mullen, it was recorded in only three days at Jackson Browne’s personal recording studio in Los Angeles. Vaughan wrote six of the ten tracks on Texas Flood. Two singles were released from the album. Originally released on Epic Records on June 13, 1983, Texas Flood, an unapologetic apotheosis of electric blues supercharged for a post-disco post-punk pop world, introduced audiences to a soul-filled sound that existed outside both the mainstream and underground tastes of its era. The album opened the gates of a fiery blues resurgence with Stevie Ray Vaughan signature compositions like “Pride and Joy†and “Love Struck Baby†flowing naturally alongside covers of deep blues and R&B standards by Howlin’ Wolf, the Isley Brothers, Buddy Guy and Larry Davis.

Disc One of the 30th Anniversary Legacy Edition of Texas Flood includes the original album in its entirety with the bonus track “Tin Pan Alley†(aka “Roughest Place in Townâ€).

Disc Two of the newly expanded Texas Flood contains a previously unavailable hour’s long set of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble live at Ripley’s Music Hall in Philadelphia. Recorded on October 20, 1983 for a WMMR broadcast, the extraordinary Ripley’s performance finds Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble coming straight out of the gun already at an undeniable peak of their formidible powers.

mp3@320

Track List:

DISC 1 - “Texas Floodâ€

01. Love Struck Baby

02. Pride and Joy

03. Texas Flood

04. Tell Me

05. Testify

06. Rude Mood

07. Mary Had A Little Lamb

08. Dirty Pool

09. I’m Cryin’

10. Lenny

11. Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place In Town)

DISC 2 - Live at Ripley’s Music Hall, Philadelphia, October 20, 1983

01. Testify

02. So Excited

03. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

04. Pride and Joy

05. Texas Flood

06. Love Struck Baby

07. Mary Had A Little Lamb

08. Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place In Town)

09. Little Wing / Third Stone From The Sun

http://bit.ly/WwVW9R

http://bit.ly/12wWLmn

tumblr_inline_mhvazo9yWE1qz4rgp.jpg

Grateful Dead - Winterland 1971 (RSD 2012)

A limited edition double LP released to coincide with the Record Store Black Friday event on November 23, 2012. Over an hour of music from the May 30, 1971 show at Winterland. 7500 copies were released.

mp3@320

Track List:

Side 1

1. “Sugar Magnoliaâ€

2. “Cumberland Bluesâ€

3. “Big Boss Manâ€

Side 2

1. “Me And My Uncleâ€

2. “Dealâ€

3. “Truckin’â€

Side 3

1. “Turn On Your Lovelightâ€