Jambands.ca
PassedOutGuy

What are you listening to right now?

DB2.0 was at this show.

We used to listen to this one alot. Right from the Tube get-go you knew you were deep in. An absolutely stellar Stash informed everyone where this band was located. This run is stupid good. 

Spent the afternoon reliving my youth, and thought I'd share...  It started with a random pulling of a phish t-shirt from the bottom of my dresser this morning and then a random playing of this show while mucking about in the garden this afternoon....
This was the finale of three weeks on Phish tour for us and in some ways a defining moment in my life.  We were at the show with a big crew that kind of spontaneously came together.  We we're feeling the communal vibe, but I'd wandered away before the beginning of this set and was hanging out in 'the garden of infinite pleasantries' outside the stage gates.    The previous few weeks on tour had really inspired me to try and make connections with my fellow phans and this day was a highlight.  I met several folks in the garden and had deep conversations about life and purpose and experience, sharing a meal and personal insight, culminating in the first notes of this set.  I literally skipped through the gates / cavalry / crowd  and hooked up with my crew (just SL of the soundboard, everytime) during ginseng -> gin.  The sun was shining and everyone was grinning, and I learnt a little about my place in the world.  It's this moment that drives me to find new people  and new experience at every show I go to.  Enjoy.

Gigi is a Canadian music recording project based in Vancouver, formed in 2005 by the songwriter Nick Krgovich and record producer Colin Stewart after Stewart acquired two vintage plate reverb units and asked Krgovich to write songs — Phil Spector-inspired 1950s and 1960s-style pop music — to make use of them.[1] With 40 musicians from indie rock bands collaborating, the group released an album, Maintenant, on the Tomlab label in 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigi_(music_project)