4. Ship Of Fools

5. Roadhouse Blues

6. Light My Fire

7. The End / Across The Sea / Away In India / Crossroads / Wake Up / The End

Jim Morrison - vocals

Ray Manzarek - keyboards

Robbie Krieger - guitar

John Desmore - drums

Mike Doughty 2005-09-27. This is/was a "Staff Pick" on the Live Music Archive (as is/was David Lauzon 2006-08-12, which currently has been downloaded almost 120 times :) ), so I thought I'd give it a try. It's pretty good: pop songs, offbeat lyrics/titles ("Twenty-Seven Jennifers"), and his band includes a Canadian: "Handsome" Dan Chen "from the great province of Ontario" on the "electro-mechanical piano"; anybody know (of) this guy?

Aloha,

Brad

Carstairs hooked me up with some of his music. I had two discs in a 110 disc CD changer, on shuffle for months. Every time his songs would come up (nearly every time) I found myself asking "Who is this? This is awesome!" and going to check my disc player to learn it's Mike Doughty.

Good stuff, for sure; although I know virtually nothing about him.

Diesel Dog (electric set)

Pepper Jack Cafe

Hamilton, ON

2006-10-27

Recording/transfering it to DVD as I watch. If I ever do another video, I know where I'll set up instead of off the bar next to the SBD, the lighting is pretty low/dark from where I was. Learnin' as I go I guess, time to buy 100' of cable so I can try from the side of the stage next time.

moe. 2003-11-30, from Albany, NY. We went down for a heavy weekend: moe. and then Lynch on Sunday night, then Phish followed by RAQ on Monday night. Our moe. tix were supposed to be at will-call, but weren't for some reason, so panic set in. Luckily, I had a printout of the ticket confirmation, so a stressed-out venue lady took me back to a little office, and the forms were filled out that let us in to the show; I also seem to recall getting further down front than our booked seats were supposed to be. :)

moe., Lynch, Phish, RAQ, and then I went on to Phil Lesh and Bill Frisell in NYC, after which a snowstorm in NYC eliminated my chance to fly in to Toronto (to catch a Dr. Huxtable / Electric Meat set-blender at C'est What), so I ended up taking an overnight bus from NYE to Montreal (as well as a four-hour shuttle bus from Newark Airport back into NYC).

Aloha,

Brad