Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

a-31f.JPG

BBC recording made in London, UK June 1, 1965

Tracks 1-6 First show broadcast June 19, 1965

Tracks 7-12 Second show broadcast June 26, 1965

Hey Alabama Man,

What are all these Dylan albums you've been posting? Are they live or out takes or what?

I'm just curious.

Some are outtake sessions, alternate takes, original pressings, recalled releases etc, but most are live shows. The artwork comes via Bob's Boots (CDs), which has been a holy grail of websites for me while amassing my Dylan collection.

a-31f.JPG

BBC recording made in London, UK June 1, 1965

Tracks 1-6 First show broadcast June 19, 1965

Tracks 7-12 Second show broadcast June 26, 1965

Some are outtake sessions, alternate takes, original pressings, recalled releases etc, but most are live shows. The artwork comes via Bob's Boots (CDs), which has been a holy grail of websites for me while amassing my Dylan collection.

I love you man! :)

that's such a fantastic album.

no idea about the extra disc though ???

Apparently the Waterboys recorded enough material for four albums in between This Is The Sea and the final release of Fisherman's Blues. The bonus disc on the new remaster gathers another 60-odd minutes of those sessions that didn't make the cut - and they aren't rough demos or live versions or anything like that. And only two of the tracks are alternate versions of songs on the original album - both of which are drastically different enough from the versions on the original album to warrrant inclusion. There's another album out there somewhere called Too Close To Heaven: The Unreleased Fisherman's Blues Sessions which apparently completes the recordings. I guess this is their Basement Tapes.