Jambands.ca

My Birthday Wish

TimmyB

This year for my birthday I'll be seeing Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with the Black Crowes at Darien Lake Performing Arts Center on Saturday.

The day after my birthday I'll be seeing Bob Dylan with Willie Nelson at Classic Park and before the show Rachael and I will visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH.

My birthday wish is that I hope Dylan who on Saturday June 25th has a travel day from New Jersey to Ohio makes a slight detour to Upstate New York to guest on stage with his former Traveling Wilbury Petty!

My more realistic birthday wish is that I hope Petty performs songs like "What Are You Doing with My Life," "Handle with Care," "Makin' Some Noise," "Girl On LSD," "Wildflowers," "Crawling Back to You" all of which he's performed so far on this tour, but not at each show.

As for Dylan I see that he has performed "Tryin' to Get to Heaven" at each and every Sunday show in 2005.

I've been waiting to hear "Tryin' to Get to Heaven" live since 'Time Out of Mind' came out in 1997. It's my second favorite song off of the album, second to "Not Dark Yet" which I have also not gotten live in the twenty-one Dylan concerts I've seen live since the album came out.

I really hope for Sunday shows Dylan goes eight for eight with playing "Tryin' to Get to Heaven."

And if he ends up playing "New Morning" which has been performed at the last two Sunday shows as well as "Tryin' to Get to Heaven" I'll be happy with the Eastlake, OH show no matter what else he performs.

Edited by Guest

Well since I know I wont be talking to you or seeing you Tim.I wish you one fine happy birthday in advance & I hope you get your birthday wishes, both great songs.New Morning was a real pleasent surprise to see & hear (on disc) hope you get that one also...nothing wrong with hoping for a Hazel too. ;)

I will however make sure I get you a copy of the Dylan show regardless & also keep my eye out for the Tom Petty.

Enjoy & safe journeys my friend.

Thanks Esau,

You're the best.

And thanks Kaidy Mae for the kind words.

I was looking at all of the Sunday shows for this year and I would also love to hear "Ring Them Bells," "I Believe in You" and "I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine."

So in order of personal importance to myself I hope I get these songs:

Tryin' to Get to Heaven

I Believe in You

Ring Them Bells

I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine

New Morning

Hey Timmy, if you feel like it and have the time, please document your adventure at the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Photos and a review would be pretty great. I have a piece by Jaimoe from his trip down south that I am putting up soon in a section that I'm creating for skanks that go on trips (not those kinds of trips LOL). Remember Velvet's adventure to Costa Rica...or wherever it was?

I think it would be fabulous if more of this sort of thing happened. The section has a name, but I can't remember what jaimoe and I were typing to each other.

Happy pre-belated birthday!

Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera yet (or I would have taken pictures in the press tent at bonnaroo).

But I've been to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times before so even if we fly through the Hall of Fame on Sunday I believe I could get some thoughts down on it for you.

I could even try and incorporate the shows into the write up as well?

Hey TimmyB, I'll be at the Petty Crowes show tomorrow too but I have lawns, not sure what you have but just wondering if you feel like stubbing me down to the seats from the lawn tomorrow?

Oh and happy birthday!

As the ol' adage says "If I did it for you, I would have to do it for everybody."

I do have seats for the TP/BC show tomorrow, but I also know twenty or so close friends out in the lawn that weren't willing to pay for the more expensive reserved seats. I'm not going to bring them up, so I can't bring you up.

Thanks for the birthday wish though.

Tim - have a great birthday weekend!!!

You're an A+ guy in my books and I wish for everyone to have a great friend in their lives like I have in you.

travel safely!

Thanks MarcO,

The same to you my friend.

And I will, what are the odds that I get into two car accidents in less than a week?

Well looks like you got one birthday wish from Dylan,Tim.Pretty damn sweet you got a Shooting Star & a Tombstone opener,looks like a really solid setlist,perhaps abit mellow but nice all the same.Hope you had a blast,I look forward to hearing about what Willie played...I hope you got somthing off Teatro...

Bob Dylan

Eastlake, Ohio

Classic Park

June 26, 2005

Tombstone Blues

Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)

God Knows

Visions Of Johanna

Cry A While

Shooting Star

Highway 61 Revisited

Tryin' To Get To Heaven

Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

Floater (Too Much To Ask)

Ballad Of A Thin Man

Summer Days

encore

The Times They Are A-Changin'

All Along The Watchtower

Songs performed in 2005

http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/song2005.html

I found one source so far for this show but am waiting on a better one..I imagine I should have this show for you later today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Thanks to all,

For the kind words on my day of birth.

Hey Esau,

I can't believe I finally got "Tryin' to Get to Heaven!" I've been waiting over seven and a half years to get this song and now my wait is over.

Now all that remains from 'Time Out of Mind' for me is my favorite "Not Dark Yet" and the epic "Highlands," which I doubt I'll ever get. "I'm listening to Neil Young/I gotta turn up the sound/Someones always yelling turn it down."

Bob Dylan was in great vocal form as well, it was the best version of "Visions of Johanna" that I have gotten live. Also the best version of "Cry A While."

I'll post Willie Nelson's setlist later as it's in the bedroom and Rachael's still asleep.

Finally Esau, thanks for looking for a great version of the show. Maybe one day I'll start to download stuff myself?

Tim