Jambands.ca

I just got pulled over by the 5.0.

Cully

I was driving to my parents house, a school zone, and a cop pulled me over saying that I didn't come to a complete stop at a stop sign (bullsh@t) There was a crossing guard at the intersection and everything, I was totally watching him, but I did stop my car. I am so pissed off. To make it even better, my license was in my pants (at home) so I got another ticket for failing to produce my licence ($105) The total damage was $210 and 2 points...there goes my weekend!!!

Edited by Guest

That sucks you got pulled over, for sure.

However... I wish the cops in my neighbourhood (a school zone) would start being more vigilant... In my hood you've got people speeding the wrong way down one-way streets, not stopping at stop signs, disobeying crossing guards...

If you were in the right, definitely fight it. If not, (no offense intended, seriously) way to go copper.

AD

You are given 24 hours to produce proper I.D.

Got to the cop shop and get them to let that part off at least.

This is urban legend, my buddy tried that and the cop laughed at him, same with insurance, both must be on you when operating a motor vehicle...

This is urban legend, my buddy tried that and the cop laughed at him, same with insurance, both must be on you when operating a motor vehicle...

Worked for me, no insurance cop wrote me a ticket and told me to produce it within the next few days and they would tear it up.. didnt even set the 24 hr time limit.

Edited by Guest

just to let y'all know there is no 24 hour rule...Licence, Reg, and Insurance must be produced at the time of the offence...my wife just went through this last week with Durham Regional(who also happen to be the most corrupt force in canada)she was fined the same $105 on top of her speeding ticket...the speeding ticket i wouldnt dispute because I know her driving ;)

The cops have been doing this stop sign thing right behind the building I work in for the last couple of weeks (right behind old city hall in T.O.). Because of the way the intersection is layed out the stop line is way to far back from the intersection to see anything so people roll past it then check if the intersection is clear and then usually roll through without actually coming to a full stop (even the cops do this, I've been watching them). They've been pulling people over as fast as they can all day long.

My suggestion is fight the ticket(s). I've been to traffic court a few times and almost all tickets get reduced to less than half the original fine and if the cop doesn't show they get thrown out completely. Apparently the judge can't do anything about points.

I've currently got an outstanding $190 ticket for riding my bicycle through a red light (it was a T intersection and I stopped and looked first)!? I'm fighting it on the grounds that the ticket claims I was operating a motorized vehicle and no-where does it say I was riding a bicycle. I was way to polite with this cop considering the fine he was giving me and it didn't help at all.

You are given 24 hours to produce proper I.D.

Got to the cop shop and get them to let that part off at least.

This is urban legend' date=' my buddy tried that and the cop laughed at him, same with insurance, both must be on you when operating a motor vehicle...[/quote']

worked for me to. it used to be 48 hours, but fully worked. the cop even let me tear the ticket up myself :)

sucks that you got a ticket though...i got popped going doing a rolling stop at a t intersection to a road under construction. the cop was hiding behind a parked bulldozer. (bastard!)

i tried to go see the justice of the peace and try to plead my case, but was informed that the JP's no longer have that authority. something about one of the harris government omnibus bills that took this authority away from the jp...so i had to go to court.

they gave me a date that was 9 months later and never sent the followup letter with the details (where, when). i was told the trial would be in early january. i called on the 4th and was informed it had been held on the 3rd...and they had convicted me in my absence. so i had to pony up, lost points, and got to pay the court costs.

mean cops suck.