Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Jeff Beck (b. 6/24/1944)

TimmyB

Happy 61st Birthday Jeff Beck,

May you have many, many more with health and happiness.

Everytime I've seen you I have been absolutely blown away.

Tim

From www.billboard.com

THIS DAY IN MUSIC For June 24, 2005.

1944 - Jeff Beck is born in Surrey, England. He is a member of the Yardbirds from 1964-66. He is joined by Rod Stewart and Ron Wood in the Jeff Beck Group from 1967-69. He joins other rock superstars in the Honeydrippers, which has a No. 3 song, "Sea of Love," in 1984.

You and me both, TimmyB. "Blow By Blow" is my favourite record, bar none, and his others are amazing as well. I've seen him (at least) twice, first with Terry Bozzio and Tony Hymas at the SkyDome in '89 (with Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, and Jeff Healey on the bill), and once at Massey Hall around 2000 (IIRC). With him, it's like there's no dividing line between musician and instrument: he uses the guitar like it's part of him, the way a singer's voice is part of the singer. He's also one of the fiercest players around, and infuses such raw, intense emotion into his playing that you're left exhausted at the end of it.

Aloha,

Brad

Jeff Beck has really helped expand the textural language and nuances of the electric guitar.

A musicians' musician.

Jeff Beck's last three albums are all very electro/livetronic fusion.

It seems to me Jeff Beck is still pushing the envelope, ahead of the curve. While his contemporaries like Clapton are wrtiting Folgers commercials basically or at very least retreading old ground.

BECK-OLA!

Edited by Guest

Jeff Beck's last three albums are all very electro/livetronic fusion.

It seems to me Jeff Beck is still pushing the envelope, ahead of the curve. While his contemporaries like Clapton are wrtiting Folgers commercials basically or at very least retreading old ground.

BECK-OLA!

Truth does it for me. It's an essential album.

I agree that the last three Beck albums see Jeff pushing the envelope musically - also, there are some beautiful and melodic instrumentals on them too.

In my opinion, Jeff Beck is the best living lead rock guitarist.