Jambands.ca

BradMusic

bradm

Thanks to the good folks at JamHub dot ca, I've managed to set up an area for me to put music for downloading.

Over the coming days/weeks/months, I hope to be making stuff from my collection available to y'all, including: shows I've taped, good stuff from Jammer Tuesdaze and some of my own compositions.

Thus, I created a download category* for myself, initially populated with two songs I cobbled together a while ago, using a Boss DR-5 drum machine, an electric guitar, and a 4-track ministudio.

Enjoy!

Aloha,

Brad

* You'll need to be a member of JamHub.ca to access the downloads, I believe.

• 3 months later...

I uploaded a new thing to BradMusic today, a sort of trance-funk thing in F, done largely as an exploration of a section to be used to a Tuesdaze Jam: "Led Astray" is now available for your dining and dancing pleasure, along with its predecessors, "Lucky 7s" and "Muse-Ack!". Comments, questions, etc., are welcome.

Aloha,

Brad

Actually, there are only three tunes:

• Led Astray is the latest one, described above.
  • Lucky 7s was an attempt to write a piece (IIRC, it's a 32-bar AABA form) in which every chord had a 7th in it (as such, it's got maj7, dom7, and 9 chords in it). It's a little slower and jazzier.
  • Muse-Ack! was my first attempt (done a couple of years ago) to write something using the 4-track (Yamaha MT-1X) and the drum machine (a Boss DR-5). All I did was chain some of the pre-programmed patterns together (32-bar AABA again, with, IIRC, a different 32-bar AABA bridge), figure out which key it was in, and go for it. This one rocks out more than the other two.

I'm hoping to do more in the coming weeks; semi-ironically, being part of Jammer Tuesdaze and doing improvisation has re-awakened my interest in composing and recording.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

NICE! that's good to hear!

You're playing Saturday at the Pagan Picnic right?

Hope to be. IIRC, Aljee is supposed to organize a group of JTers (well, as much as Jammer Tuesdaze [ir]regulars can be organized...) for some performance, and I'll probably be in on that. I'm also working the soundboard (which, IIRC, is your PA?).

Aloha,

Brad

• 1 month later...

There's been a revamp at JamHub, so this is the new URL for BradMusic.

And, to make it worth your while to go over to the new place, I added a recent (like, last Friday) track: "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" has fewer instruments than usual (guitar-as-bass, pre-programmed drums, and lead guitar), but more effects on the guitars. The feel is kind of trancy, almost Middle-Eastern (I think; comments would be appreciated).

Give it a listen, and let me know what you think. In the coming weeks, I hope to get some other (i.e., made outside my living room) tracks put up.

Aloha,

Brad

The vanity topic continues unabated...

I added two more tracks today: "Sand" is a live jam from a party at 40 Main St., home of the band Jiva Ju. We couldn't remember the lyrics, so just went for it.

"JT: 2003.03.11 #4" is a Jammer Tuesdaze jam, based on Frank Zappa's song, "Black Napkins" (DM7 Dbm7), with Aljee and Frank breaking out some Cypress Hill rhymes in the middle of it.

Enjoy!

Aloha,

Brad

Archived