Jambands.ca

pink floyd reviews

teetervillestation

I only saw the two songs broadcast on CTV and they far exceeded my expectations. I used to be a huge Floyd-head when I was younger and have let my interest slide but I got even a little choked up when I saw the enthusiasm they had for the performance. I just never thought I'd see the day.........

Last night I went on TorrentSpy and found a fairly good video of the performance. Looking for something better, but til then this suffices. SOrry, don't have the link though.

Go to TorrentSpy, seach for Pink Floyd Live 8. Lots of audio torrents, not too many videos. But I'm sure more will come in.

AD

Not sure if the torrent is still active but I downloaded this DVD ISO image yesterday. It's letterboxed and looks and sounds absolutely killer. It looks like the raw feed of all four songs because there is no broadcast branding at all. The quality is just jaw-droppingly good.

Unfortunately it wouldn't play on my standalone DVD player but worked fine on my computer's DVD player. I think because it's in PAL format. Anyone know how to convert to NTSC?

Torrent

Having seen Floyd three times back in the late 80's early 90's I too was definitely choked up seeing them all together... back in the day when camping out at Exibition Stadium used to happen for a couple of days...

Im also in belief that with all the chatter about how great they sounded they'd be completely silly not to throw a tour together one last time... and what was with teh ABC coverage cutting out to comercial in the middle of the solo's segment of Money.. not sure if CTV's coverage did as I was at work during the day and could only watch the repeat performances...

Boohoo

Phish is over?

Boohoo

Phish is done?

Trey you phucking suck!

HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

- The dying calls of phish phans everywhere...

Trey may suck now, but you sucks wanted to suck em off for years! (insert middle finger icon here)

As I sit here reading your post, I can't help but wonder what in the hell you are talking about and what on earth any of this has to do with Pink Floyd's reunion on Saturday.

anyways, i just watched the performance (complete) ...

wow.

what else can one say?

they nailed everything. every solo, every lyric.

Waters looked like he was having the absolute time of his life...

Gilmour....how? how did he do it? they sounded like they haven't stopped playing, yet they sounded tighter than just about any band i've seen...

for the last fifteen years i'd been wondering, in the event of a reunion, if they'd deliver...

boy oh boy did they ever.

what a band.

the power of comfortable numb. a song i've dismissed (hearing it on the radio 10 thousand times), wish you were here as well...these old timer hitz, songs i usually skip on the discs came out like the forgotten legends they are...

I needed that. I needed to reconfirm why Pink Floyd, were, are, and always will be my Favorite Band.