Jambands.ca

Jim Rome's Thoughts on Mike Tyson's Comments

Jaimoe

" Mike Didn't Do It, But He Wants To Now "

by Jim Rome

In a TV interview that airs today, Thursday, Mike Tyson again denied raping Desiree Washington in an Indiana hotel room in 1991. But…also added he would ‘like to now’.

“I just hate her guts. She put me in that state, where I don't know. I really wish I did now. But now I really do want to rape her.” How many things are wrong with that statement? Where do I even begin

He made the comments during an interview with Greta Van Susteren, who was reviewing the details of the 1992 trial in which Tyson was convicted of rape in Indiana.

He did not rape her then, but he wants to now? You want to rape her now, why? You already did. You already did once before, according to the state of Indiana.

This isn’t about Mike’s inability to fight. This guy is just not mentally stable. He is saying that he wants to rape a woman he’s already raped before.

And in the list of incredible statements that have come out of Mike Tyson, this is right near the top. That says a lot.

From his profanity-laced tirade at the press conference before the Lennox Lewis fight, to his saying he wants to eat Lennox Lewis’ children…he’s outdone himself this time.

Not even Tyson saying he wants to stomp on children’s testicles is on a par with this. This is way over the top. I’d like to say that this is the rambling of a psychotic who is trying to sell tickets to his next fight, but you can’t dismiss this. For all the crazy, maniacal things that have come out of his mouth, this is different. Saying you want to rape someone after you’ve already served prison time for raping that same person is completely different. He’s not saying it in private, (not that it would be more acceptable) but he went on television and announced it.

I pose the question that he already committed rape once, so what is he trying to accomplish? This guy is crazy and dangerous. And how would you like to be Desiree Washington right about now? He’s already raped her once, and now she’s hearing about this guy wanting to come back for more.

Again, we don’t know exactly what happened, but Mike was convicted by a jury of his peers and the state of Indiana says he did it.

What if OJ were to come out and say that because he caught so much grief for killing Ron and Nicole, he’d like to?

Unbelievable. Mike is crazy and certifiable.

For Mike to say that, he’s says it in part for a reaction and effect. He knows people will react and respond. He’s still crazy and unbalanced, but don’t think Mike isn’t somehow aware of what he’s saying.

It jacks up buy rates for PPV and keeps his name in the news. I understand the ploy behind it…but this is something altogether different. This is over the top. This is an action of an unstable and altogether dangerous man.

Archived