Jambands.ca

Freekers Ball at Izzys

gentlemonkey

some people call me a bad pickle.

i may be soft' date=' but i sure am sour.

[/quote']

ahahahahahahahah

Ditto ... that was hilarious!

The Freakers Ball at Izzy's is shaping up to be an excellent party. My understanding is that the Saturday night (August 6th) will include Harvard Mouse, Rose Garland, and Errol Blackwood. From what I gather, Rose Garland is going to get lots of stage time, so if you like dancing to the Dead and want to do so under the stars while remembering Jerry, be at Izzy's on Sat. August 6th. And get ready for a trippy light show in addition to the music!

Peace, Mark

Request:

do you think Harvard Mouse could learn and play Mickey Hart's "Down the Road".....?

that verse about Jerry breaks me up every time I hear it. It's a beautiful song and I just read an interview about how Hunter spontaneously came up with the lyrics only a short while after Jerry's death, while he & Mickey were in the recording studio.

"From the corner of my eye I saw the sun explode

I didn't look directly 'cause it would have burned my soul

When the smoke and thunder cleared enough to look around

I heard a sweet guitar lick, an old familiar sound

I heard a laugh I recognised come rolling from the earth

Saw it rise into the skies like lightning giving birth

It sounded like Garcia but I couldn't see the face

Just the beard and glasses and a smile on empty space..."

Edited by Guest

I've had a blast at the last few of Bob's Parties, even though 'THE MAN' always seems to bust in and ruin the fun on the Saturday, I don't think this will be a problem at Izzy's, I would love to hit this one up but alas, I can't find a friend who is heading up on the Saturday night...Well I hope everyone who DOES make it shakes a little rump for me...oh yeah and maybe throw in a little nipple tweak for old times sake

• 2 weeks later...
some people call me a bad pickle.

i may be soft' date=' but i sure am sour.

[/quote']

ahahahahahahahah

Ditto ... that was hilarious!

The Freakers Ball at Izzy's is shaping up to be an excellent party. My understanding is that the Saturday night (August 6th) will include Harvard Mouse, Rose Garland, and Errol Blackwood. From what I gather, Rose Garland is going to get lots of stage time, so if you like dancing to the Dead and want to do so under the stars while remembering Jerry, be at Izzy's on Sat. August 6th. And get ready for a trippy light show in addition to the music!

Peace, Mark

what they all said. particularly the bit about the pickle.